Shame I can't do this every day

I'm off to Bisely in the morning shooting with the guys from the BSRA so I thought I would check my zero and drop chart out to 600 yards using my TRG .308

A bit of tweaking to get me zeroed at 200 and dialed in 10 clicks to get me to 300, which was one and a half inches high,made the corrections and bullseye.

I then went and shot out to 500 yards and ended up with this :blink: 3 shot group measuring 1.6 inches using 44.3 RL15, 168 gr Amax Lapua brass and Federal match primers

5003.jpg

5002.jpg

On my way to the range I took a quick trip across the Serengeti plains

deer3.jpg

deer4.jpg

Ian

Nice one Ian!! ;)

I have just bought a 308 myself, At some piont i will have to reload for it????

Nice to see that you printed your load data and bullet drop,,,,

I have not got a drop chart sorted out yet???

First outing should be this weekend???

All the best f2n

Thanks chaps, unfortunately I shot like a total git at Bisely yesterday, mainly down to a finicky little wind. I could hit the 10's and Vbulls but as soon as I moved across to the scoring targets which were fox targets from 200,300 and 400 respectively and deer targets from 400 to 600 yards I completely blew it. It was however a great day with a lot of like minded people.

Foxingtonight, the drop chart is from quickload, and I have found it pretty accurate so far, yesterday I was using a new load and it predicted the drop on the bullet within 1 click each time.

I'm sure if you give someone on here your load details then they could produce a drop chart for you.

Ian

Nice group Elwood, shame it didnt go so well at Bisley. Shooting a sporting rifle comp myslef on saturday myself dont know what ranges its at but should be fun. Hopefully I am on form for it. I think shooting from a bipod is a tricky job, when everything is right the bullets just go where I want when its not working its like chasing your tail. The MOD ranges we shoot on have the targets slightly elevated and you are shooting slightly uphill, makes it a real bitch as you can hardly get your shoulder properly behind the rifle, makes recoil management tricky.

ended up winning the comp on saturday it was tricky, 10 shots at 5 1MOA bulls, 2 shots at each bull shot at 300 and 400 metres. NO SIGHTERS!!!!!! Was tricky as there was a tricky wind but I was third after 300 metres and pulled it together for the 400 metres and got out in front though I nearly cocked it all up as I the rules where if you shot an extra shot at the target your highest score would be deducted, sure didnt I go and lose count and shoot a 3rd shot into a bull, luckily I had done enough on the other 4 targets to win. My little tac20 done well held to hold off a 6.5x55 and a whole load more "suitable" calibres. First fullbore shooting comp I have ever entered but really enjoyed it.

Thanks lads, I am well chuffed, didnt think I was even in with a chance dont know how the hell I pulled it off.

Thanks darrel and edi

I used to tell my teachers I would never need all this counting guff, if I had known I needed it for shooting I would have took note, too late now. :)

Archived