400 yard gong shooting.

247sniper

I had 5 rounds left tonight so after setting my dad's rifle up with him, I fired one shot at 200 yards to confirm zero then dialed in for the 400 yard gong and fired a

Off a group of 3!

Here is the result!

Very please indeed

My dad had also set this bottle out on a post next to the 400 yard gong, he betted me a £5 I couldn't take it with my fifth and last shot of the night!

Needless to same I come home £5 up!

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i374/247sniper/12e033fc65bce620c1f8f2979633d1fc_zps2b9f8a5a.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i374/247sniper/e1b4343d0887268fb8bbf5dc14930e46_zps156d6cb5.jpg

Steve.

Steve,nice 3 shots+ one.

Given the great first three,I'm surprised your dad made the bet (as an old dad,I sometimes do the same).Even though the last shot seems about 2" away (from Lo left to Hi Right),the odds on it missing would have been very low.....double or quits to hit the yellow,maybe....if you'd had another round! :-)

Gbal

Steve,nice 3 shots+ one.

Given the great first three,I'm surprised your dad made the bet (as an old dad,I sometimes do the same).Even though the last shot seems about 2" away (from Lo left to Hi Right),the odds on it missing would have been very low.....double or quits to hit the yellow,maybe....if you'd had another round! :-)

Gbal

Ha, the funny thing was, my dad was spotting through iHis binoculars, he knew I was hitting the gong but didn't know how tight I was grouping , lol.

I new I was a little low and left so I made a small adjustment to try and bring it central, may dad commented "son if I knew you were grouping like that , I wouldn't of made the bet"! Unlucky I say. Lol

Steve

Thats some nice shooting, was it with the 223?

Yes mate .223Ackley and 80grain Amax's

Steve

You still fire forming mate? What fps you getting

Gaz

Yes these are still fire forming loads Gaz, they are well down on speed, my chrono is saying 2586 ftps, however I think my chrono is wrong and has been for some time, according to real field data and POI data the bullets are actually doing more like 2700ftps, this would appear more realistic.

I have had issues before and it appear with all my rifles that my chrono is reading 5% lower the what the rifles are doing.

It's apparently normal that FF loads are very slow, more so with heavy bullets.

Steve.

Nice shooting Steve.

Ive found that using a max book load in non AI chamber seated into the lands (just) makes perfectly formed brass.

Alos surprised quite at the accuracy of fire formed loads.

Nice shooting Steve.

Ive found that using a max book load in non AI chamber seated into the lands (just) makes perfectly formed brass.

Alos surprised quite at the accuracy of fire formed loads.

snap mate ;-)

Archived