Autumn 2014 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge

Tiff

Tiff

Would love to join you but can only do the Saturday if that's workable?.....also my shooting partner is normally my son but he does not yet have 'Field' conditioning so is ruled out.........how / will this work with me as a single shooter?

Murphys law applies in that all my main target loads involve Scenars!....I have some Amax 6.5s on the way from Spud so hopefully these will work in my 260Rem.....had no idea that Scenars were damaging!

If my attendance is feasible per the above comments then please advise how to pay.

Cheers

Dave Thain

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Dave,

No real problem coming as a singleton, I'm sure there will be others - I'll pair you up on the day :D

Pm inbound shortly.

Thanks,

Tiff

Edit: FAO the moderators / site admin - Please can you fix my PM settings - Each time I click to PM a member (including the mods...) a window appears with the words:

"You do not have permission for this action"

Edit: FAO the moderators / site admin - Please can you fix my PM settings - Each time I click to PM a member (including the mods...) a window appears with the words:

"You do not have permission for this action"

Not heard that one before. Where're you clicking?

It's working again this morning :)At a complete guess, maybe I accidentally activated a built in anti-spamming function, by sending 20+ pm's in one evening?

For future reference, I was clicking on the persons name/picture and then the middle top right grey button "send me a message", only to be told "You do not have permission for this action".

It's working again this morning :)At a complete guess, maybe I accidentally activated a built in anti-spamming function, by sending 20+ pm's in one evening?

For future reference, I was clicking on the persons name/picture and then the middle top right grey button "send me a message", only to be told "You do not have permission for this action".

Think you solved it yourself :)

• 3 weeks later...

Right , guess I better get a provisional RRC entry list going:

Mash 67 - 2

John MH - Conf. - 2

Brown Dog

Gandy - 2

Offroad Gary

Swamp Donkey - 3

AZ1 - 3

Oaken - 3

MJR - 2

Ronin

Bangbangman - 2

sako 75 .243 - Conf. - 3

terryh - 3

tisme - 3

mildot - 3

c18rch - 3

Gooner - 3

alijnclarke - 3

DaveT - Conf. - 2

Mr Badge - 2

+ 1 Mr Badge - 2

11 places for Saturday remaining & Sunday may already be fully booked, but please put down your preference, so I can get a reserves list going.

I'll update this list as and when required. Please can you state if you'd like to do Sunday as well, to help with planning numbers etc.

Thanks,

Tiff

How's the numbers looking on this Tiff, seems to be rather a lot (numbers after names?)?

How's the numbers looking on this Tiff, seems to be rather a lot (numbers after names?)?

Looking good with 21 people expressing a serious interest in the Saturday challenge, although only a few have confirmed so far. Don't worry about the numbers & numerals after the names, that's just my code so I can keep track...

Looking good with 21 people expressing a serious interest in the Saturday challenge, although only a few have confirmed so far. Don't worry about the numbers & numerals after the names, that's just my code so I can keep track...

I think that makes me a 2 then, if I've cracked your code.?

• 1 month later...

2 x Sunday please?

I've got a broken phone with pics from spring challenge. Will extract them soonish.

Also, ran off with a chamber flag last time, in case you're still looking for it...

Tiff, would like to shoot on Sunday only if that's OK, still got my shoulder problem and unable to handle much else at the mo.

Tony.

2 x Sunday please?

I've got a broken phone with pics from spring challenge. Will extract them soonish.

Also, ran off with a chamber flag last time, in case you're still looking for it...

Tiff, would like to shoot on Sunday only if that's OK, still got my shoulder problem and unable to handle much else at the mo.

Tony.

PM's Sent :)

Please be aware if 9 pairs (18 people) have not entered (confirmed through a full non-refundable donation) for Fri/Sat by the 1st August, all donations will be refunded and the event cancelled.

Ok no easy way to put this, but in the last two months only FOUR people have sent a full donation, confirming their place for the Fri/Sat shoot.

I hosted these shoots at a significant personal financial loss last year and I am not willing to do that again!

Please could people commit to this event or for the sake of my overdraft I shall be forced to cancel.

Tiff

With the lack of alternatives in the UK I am gobsmacked that places have not been taken up months ago!!!

Come on guys!..its a cheap weekend at twice the price!!..plus im looking forward to meeting up with you all again ;)

Glenn

p.s but not drinking Tismes home brew again....I think Gav feels the same :D

Ok no easy way to put this, but in the last two months only FOUR people have sent a full donation, confirming their place for the Fri/Sat shoot.

I hosted these shoots at a significant personal financial loss last year and I am not willing to do that again!

Please could people commit to this event or for the sake of my overdraft I shall be forced to cancel.

Tiff

Hi Tiff

I would love to attend but work getting in the way unfortunately. I hope you get the places filled as it is a great and educational weekend .

Andy

Tiff , as you are well aware I'd love to come but sadly I need to look after my missus after a big operation.

I'm hoping to make the next one (if it happens! )

c'mon people pay the guy and commit , IMHO this kind of event like the quarry shoot will be the future of our sport and needs supporting.

If you've never done this sort of thing before then give it a go like I did the quarry shoot (and did respectably well) what have you got to lose ?

Tiff , as you are well aware I'd love to come but sadly I need to look after my missus after a big operation.

I'm hoping to make the next one (if it happens! )

c'mon people pay the guy and commit , IMHO this kind of event like the quarry shoot will be the future of our sport and needs supporting.

If you've never done this sort of thing before then give it a go like I did the quarry shoot (and did respectably well) what have you got to lose ?

Hopefully there will be a next one to see you at....Currently about 11 people have confirmed their places, so it's heading in the right direction - but not there yet!

I really enjoy hosting the event and all the work that goes with it :) However after the highly favourable reviews (over 8,000+ views & 250+ posts) the last shoot received on here, I'm more than a little perplexed why I'm on the verge of scrapping the whole concept. All the parties / landowners involved have been extremely supportive of the project, but ultimately as the saying goes "money talks and bull**** walks". The funds get ploughed straight back into leasing/hiring the locations, additional targets, supplies and making more target areas & bunkers etc - without this commitment in advance the event simply cannot occur unless I personally fund it; something I'm NOT prepared to do anymore!

Tiff,

If this goes T I T S UP please keep my full donation ;) ..as ive really enjoyed my weekends down with you guys!!...and ive seen first hand,how much hard work and effort put into the RRC.

The last thing I want to see is you out of pocket.

Glenn

I have enjoyed the MQC but this will be my first RRC ...I hope!

Archived