Rpa Interceptor into an AX Stock

mph

Hi Folks,

Im getting conflicting advice on the above. I know there might be a little bit of machining but can an Rpa Interceptor be made to fit into the new AX Stock kits?

The screw holes are the same, but the recoil lug on an RPA is further forward. I doubt there is room in an AX AICS to move the recoil lug pocket forward.

Hi Folks,

Im getting conflicting advice on the above. I know there might be a little bit of machining but can an Rpa Interceptor be made to fit into the new AX Stock kits?

I've been in touch with AI; via Alice, the answer from the engineering department regarding RPA fit is: The RPA action is about the only action on which they have no info - someone will have to put the two together to find out. This may be of help:

My experience of RPA actions - the Quadlite is that as they are a four lug bolt the lower lug interferes with most non RPA mag systems.

The hole spacing on the QL is about the same as the Rem 700 though the lug is slightly different place as the tenon length is different.

Ive rebarrelled a couple of RPA's, theyre ok,

Im not sure the AICS will fit without alteration....involving a milling machine.

AICS mags would need altering im almost 100% sure of that due to the lug position (sitting at the 6 oclock position where most two lug actions have just the OD of the bolt and no lug

Matt, if Alice wants a drawing of a Quadlite I have one on file...

The AICS mag works fine with an RPA. I,ve fitted several floorplates and used AICS mags. I,m doing one at the minute. The 6 o clock lug travels through the top of the mag.

The position of the RPA lug is the only problem. They will go in an AICS but I repeat, again, I dont think there is enough metal on the AX stock, forward of the original recoil lug socket to cut another one.

Thanks Dave

pleasantly surprised with that

Archived