Help with Schmidt & Bender

Greetings to those more acquainted with S&B scopes than I. I have a question for you...

I have an old S&B 6x40 mounted on my Hornet. Love the glass but I have a question as to the turrets. The adjustment turrets are clear on top and underneath can be seen what appears to be fine adjustment screws. At least so I am guessing. Can these be accessed? Or are these for factory personnel only? (Or an I just wrong as to their function??) Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

PS: I wrote to the company and got no response, nor did their website mention it.~A

Andrew,

how old is it roughly?

Is it the 6x42?

If it is the one already with the little indicator (posicon) showing where abouts

you are in your adjustment. I wouldn't mess with the screw.

I never had one with the old squarish turrets.

The new Zenith range does have a little screw to zero the dial.

Post a pic of the turret.

edi

Hello ejg223 is correct in my eyes as i have an old S&B 2.5x10x56 witch is the same & it is the indicator for you turret + mine is in german for up & down (H & T) if memory servies me right & the right/left turret but i know how it works but would like to up grade the scope but its great just heavy cross hairs but works for me had 5 hoodies the other day best was 263m 5 shots for 5. I know i could do better with a newer BDC turreted scope if wind dont beat me but i aint doing bad.

This is what I have. Sorry about the picture quality. It is in German, yes, but I don't understand a word of it! ~Andrew

SBturret.jpg

PS: I just noticed the arrow in the little window for the first time. I guess it is a position marker??

Andrew,

that little window is a nice feature. Just to let you know

where you are and if you'll run out of movement soon.

As long as your between the marks it's all square.

Your one would have 3/4 of it's upward travel used.

H= hoch = high, up

T= tief= low, down

nach = too

schusskorrektur = shot correction

I wouldn't play with that screw.

edi

Thanks for the information. I had no intention of aggressively getting after that screw. I suspected it was an indicator of sorts and not a fine adjustment screw but having no experience with these scopes I just didn't know. Now that I see that small arrow -something I didn't notice until I photographed it- I realize that it isn't what I thought it was.

I have this glass on my CZ Hornet. It also has the thick reticle but I find I can still hold on 250 yard prairiedogs without any grief. Old as it is, it is my favorite pieces of glass. I have seen new Leupolds that weren't as bright as this old veteran.

Again, thanks for the clarification.~Andrew

Looking at the position of the screw in relation to the indicator "blob" I would suggest that the screw is the retainer for the disc that the blob is marked on.

The screw appears to be the spindle it rotates around.

May be on completely the wrong track though :lol:

Archived