Same call same field.

Cushty mush

I got a call from a farmer last week he told me he was loseing hens to a fox so I whent and sorted a dog fox,

Today I get the same call to say he lost one more last night so finished work early and proceeded to the same feild, it was like da jar vu (spell check) set my self up same again hedge to the left 220 hedge in front 160 , I swear it was the same phesint came out strolling around, then took a run out to middle the feild , on the by pod and there she was a vixen, but I seen 2 cubs, with her in a split second I didint feel right takeing the shot as I new the cubs would starve to deaf, I waited Anover 20 minutes and counted 3 cubs took the 3 out in matter of 5 seconds the vixen was gon in a flash. I don't no what way shel react but at least I know the cubs won't dye a slow starving deaf

Edited to say they was took at 210 /220 yrds

Ps I must be getting old

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/peterjames1232/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

Always deal with the adults first...... Cubs can be sorted the next day

It's the adults doing the damage

Gaz

Il be back down there tomorrow gaz

For a long night!

You might find now that the vixen may move the other cubs tonight and miss your chance, leaving her May cause problems else where

Good time of year to mop the lamp shy adults up

Gaz

Always deal with the adults first...... Cubs can be sorted the next day

It's the adults doing the damage

Gaz

Agreed, the cubs will sometimes stand for a few seconds wondering what the problem is with mum/dad. They will re appear after 20/30 mins anyway.

A

I always take the vixen the cubs some times stay if not reappear its not the most sporting thing to do but wear after clearing up the lot if possible

shoot the vixen -drop here in the field away from cover sit back and wait-the cubs will venture out find here and stay with here giving you time to mop up.always works.

Archived