Restored faith in human nature

MJR

Thought I'd share a recent experience.

Over the half term holidays my wife took our youngest daughter to London for a few days sight seeing. To cut a long story short before catching the train home they thought they'd have a pizza in a well known hut.

At thisoint some delightful female person decided to releive my wife of her handbag, all caught on CCTV and all very well organised. Anyway phone, cash, c cards all gone but luckily the friend they were traveling with had the Train tickets in her bag.

So it's now a few weeks later and today, through the post, my wife's purse arrives home accompanied by a very nice note. There is a £5 note and 5 pence coin in the purse along with a few shopping coupons my wife had previuosly collected. The note says the person had found the purse whilst gardening in a park (local to where the handbag was stolen) , read the name and address sticker and wished to return it to its owner. They had put the fiver in as they did not want to return it empty and the five pence for good luck!

It also said they hoped it had not spoilt her visit to London. There was no name or address on the note.

There are obviously a few very decent people about.

Archived