Icotec electronic call

JDBenelliM1

Thinking of purchasing one of these for foxing. Can't afford a fox pro ATM and not many SH ones about.

Any body using them (thinking the 350 will do me) with good results? I hunt my own land, around 400 acres and normally use hand calls but with light nights I'd like to try and call them into range in daylight / dusk. Icotec states a 300 y range which is ideal too.

Don't want to waste my money though and if fox pro is a lot better/ more effective I'll wait till

a. I get a pay rise (not likely)

b. second hand one is available ( anyone selling?)

Want to get sorted soon as I currently have a Charlie enjoying chicken dinners that I can't wait to get!

Advice is very much appreciated

Cheers

John

hi John

the only thing i heard was they are a bit of a pain to program,

saying that i have had a foxpro spitefire for a few years and its a real pain to get the cards done, the software on them and the website wah 5h1t and im stuck with what i have , 3 cards with loads of calls but a real pain to swap out in the dark/in the field.all i can say is it works and works well for me, but never tried the one your after

try the new bird call on evilbay plays loads of stuff, up to 100 calls that you can down load from the net as a mp3 and away you go.

best of luck RSC

John look on Ludicrous Lumens site....Andy (Skany) on here, he has one I am going to purchase in near future. Maybe worth a look over the I cotec. Half the price too!!!

http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/10W_FOX2fGAME_CALLER/p2616500_12095296.aspx

If you decide on getting one put up a mini review. Be keen to know how you come on.

Regards

CZV

Guest Stacka

Iv got a icotec 300 I think it is, it's good but in the right situation.

Also my one has pre programmed calls, which are all American. But still iv had Charlie run to it on a few occasions

Guest Stacka

John look on Ludicrous Lumens site....Andy (Skany) on here, he has one I am going to purchase in near future. Maybe worth a look over the I cotec. Half the price too!!!

http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/10W_FOX2fGAME_CALLER/p2616500_12095296.aspx

If you decide on getting one put up a mini review. Be keen to know how you come on.

Regards

CZV

Where do you get the calls from?

Thanks for the info.

Think my fox has been around a while as I can't get it to come in at all using my hand /button calls and is very very lamp shy hence wanting to nab it in daylight.

I've not managed to get a clear shot yet and every time it's been 'in the right place at the right time' it's never stood still.

Thinking a new machine may be the way forward with new noises it's not heard before.

I'll probably try the ludicrous call and let you know how I come on.

Cheers

John

I've had quite a few fox's using the 300, I'm more than happy with it. As with most of these callers they're designed for the American market but have calls pre programed that manages to entice Charlie.

The rodent distress and young crow distressed have proved fatal for many inquisitive fox's.

Always used fox pro's with good result, day time work a predator intiser is well worth the money it holds the attention of the fox ;)

11F1D3EA-1736-49E4-BC98-F85D0D68BABF.jpg

Drives crows and magpies wild

301EEF58-6394-4B56-90AB-DEA6DCD1B898.jpg

Fox stalking the call and intiser :) nice size dog it was to ;)

C5C8F400-1B80-49F3-9202-EAB7530F1E17.jpg

Bye once cry once

Gaz

Always used fox pro's with good result, day time work a predator intiser is well worth the money it holds the attention of the fox ;)11F1D3EA-1736-49E4-BC98-F85D0D68BABF.jpg

Drives crows and magpies wild 301EEF58-6394-4B56-90AB-DEA6DCD1B898.jpg

Fox stalking the call and intiser :) nice size dog it was to ;)C5C8F400-1B80-49F3-9202-EAB7530F1E17.jpg

Bye once cry once

Gaz

Which foxpro do you use?

Had the spitfire what was good, but got the firestorm now and that's fantastic with over 200 calls on it :)

Gaz

400 is a lot of notes for a caller!

Also need a mod for the trg which is my priority as next door has horses, if I was fully set up I may have invested but the £75 option is looking favourite ATM

400 is a lot of notes for a caller!

Also need a mod for the trg which is my priority as next door has horses, if I was fully set up I may have invested but the £75 option is looking favourite ATM

Sure it will work fine, I still use my hand calls now and again plus my hand, good one is polystyrene on a glass window with a bit of spit on it

Gaz

I've got afew hand calls. Tenterfield has worked well recently. Poly on a glass tumbler is a classic and works.

Using my hand has been the most successful over the years but I need to draw its attention to a place away from me. I'll get one, set up under my net and wait.

Just need a nice night!

Just remembered a night when me and the wife went for a walk (8 years ago) and she said 'why have you brought your gun?' 'In case I see something worth shooting' was my reply. Started squeaking with my hand to show off my man skills and all I got was laughter until a fox popped out of a hedge row 80y infront of us. 'Fingers in your ears dear'. Right place, right time : )

The caller I mentioned also allows you to plug in external decoys and use them remotely. I have a mojo critter. Never got it working on my spitfire due to it being a resistor thing, have to re wire the aux output and put extra relay in. So I'll be getting one of Skany ones soon. Just waiting for my GrS hybrid stock to come into country after being ordered soon.

As regard to calls I have saved many from trawling internet and of my spitfire.

CZV

I have one of the new ICOtec GC500s which is the new programmable one. So far, so good, have uploaded a few distressed rabbit calls as the ones it comes with are very american and not really that relevant. Shot 3 foxes with it so far and haven't had it that long so am happy.

Its well built and the range on the remote is actually very good. The backlighting is rather bright however.

It's easily as good as a FoxPro Wildfire 2 etc.

Any more questions ask away

Cheers

Al

Hey up,

get a few from here http://www.western-rivers.com/Downloads.asp

and also had some kind members of this forum email me some of the more specific ones such as fox cub in distress etc etc.

My mate also managed to record an orphaned lamb the other week so sent that over to me.

Cheers

Al

All the lamb calls on mine are working at the min

Orphaned lamb

Lamp bleets

Lamb distress

Another 2 or 3 as well on there, something abit different pays off

Gaz

Gaz your a diamond!

Ive PM'd the guy about the caller and hopefully it will be mine. Love this forum. I now have TRG, Zeiss Victory and a new caller.

If any one has any good calls they would be willing to share that will go on it let me know and I'll send my email address via PM. I am on a farm which has 8000 hens so chicken distress and your lamb distress gaz (farm next door has sheep) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again

John

Gaz your a diamond!

Ive PM'd the guy about the caller and hopefully it will be mine. Love this forum. I now have TRG, Zeiss Victory and a new caller.

If any one has any good calls they would be willing to share that will go on it let me know and I'll send my email address via PM. I am on a farm which has 8000 hens so chicken distress and your lamb distress gaz (farm next door has sheep) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again

John

Both fox pros I've had came with chicken in distress on mate pheasant in distress is another winner should be on the call

Good luck

Gaz

well bugger me. Thought I would take the spitfire out for a spin, 9.30pm light is starting to fade. Didnt think anything would come and was going to hit my gongs at last light to test the Zeiss.

Sat it in the middle of a field where i do my range shooting

I sat down 100m away up against some railings, no real cover but in the shadow of an oak tree.

20 mins later a fox comes charging in! unfortunately for me the wind had swung and as it crossed the field stopped and looked back straight at me. as I got it in the scope it disappeared into long grass.

Needless to say I am very impressed with the foxpro. Still dont know how good the Icotecs are but you cant go wrong with a spitfire.

Next time i wont be so pessimistic and set up properly!

Cheers

john

Archived