Shooting Sites Blocked on 02 Wifi

alijnclarke

So was in the supermarket tonight and wanted to reply to a pm, saw a sign saying free wifi so connected up..

Got this message come up when trying to get onto ukv..

ef1a2e7f-5dc7-4504-8ba1-1e848b9580fd_zps

I fail to see how this site 'could be deemed offensive', anyone else had this problem? I'm sick of people trying to control the web!

I had a right nightmare with O2 on 3G. Every shooting site was blocked for a few months, did my head right In :(

I'd be on the phone to them on that one!

Luckily EE don't block shooting sites on their mobile data, but i don't really understand how 02 can justify it.

I had a right nightmare with O2 on 3G. Every shooting site was blocked for a few months, did my head right In :(

Virgin are starting to join in - I'm ok with UKV, but some rifle company websites are a no-no.

I can turn it off, but it is all or nothing.

T mobile blocked shooting, the bit that really annoyed me was when TalkTalk (pipex?) blocked it too, they had started rolling it out on all business customers apparently. We left swiftly!

This is just ridiculous , id write a proper complaint asking how could you viewing this foram be offensive to others , its not like your running around the supermarket with a 50" samgsung saying to everyone - heeey look at this shot mangled fox ! ludicrous

I'd be on the phone to them on that one!

Luckily EE don't block shooting sites on their mobile data, but i don't really understand how 02 can justify it.

Oh I was, every day for about two weeks before they lifted the 'adult content' block

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no computer expert (and that's putting it mildly!), but using a Virtual Private Network to get around content restrictions might work.

I use Windows 8/Chrome, and I find the extension ZenMate to be efficient and extremely easy to use:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/07/28/zenmate-for-chrome-is-a-vpn-with-easy-location-switching/

One click of your mouse and you can be in Zurich, Kowloon, London, New York...

maximus otter

Archived