Tap dancing crow

Cushty mush

Well I picked up a new 223 tikka 1-8

Last week , but after 5 long nights out after mr Charlie, to Kristin it to no avail! I did get this tap dancing crow who's been on my roof & back garden for the last last 2 weeks from 5 in the morning , he won't be Tao dancing around here no more with no legs lol 55g Sierra sp

post-12963-0-15670100-1398462581_thumb.jpg

Those sierra Blitzkings rule , i used to use them and remember misting them when you hit that solid breast bone ! My misus used to tap dance ! But i wouldnt blow her bottom half off because it irritated me :lol::lol::lol:

Purchased a reloading setup as well the guy said try these as above 25grain he did say they was hot

Strange tho had I've tried 25g and not a nuf room in the case (overspill)

On my scales anyway so I've got a batch of 24g & 24/5 going to see how they group tomoz

Edited to say I'm a total novice @ reloading

Purchased a reloading setup as well the guy said try these as above 25grain he did say they was hot

Strange tho had I've tried 25g and not a nuf room in the case (overspill)

On my scales anyway so I've got a batch of 24g & 24/5 going to see how they group tomoz

Edited to say I'm a total novice @ reloading

OK- always check 'recommended' loads against a manual-Vihtavuori can be downloaded free-if it's above max,be very careful.....or don't! Always work up gradually-your rifle etc may be different,let alone your needs/risk assessment (and see below on case capacity).

There is a trend to go for max velocity-be extra careful (don't!) -and ask/check what an extra 150 fps will actual deliver-usually not much,and not needed,and may reduce accuracy.You will be running extra pressure,for which there are only limited symptoms,and sometimes none (primers are just one sign-and there are different hardness primers-beware stiff bolt lifts).That means more wear to your barrel (really it's the heat of powder burning).

Try to check your scales against another set,or a known weight.

Different makes of brass have different internal capacities (outside same,but depends on inner thickness etc-often measured by water capacity),so yours may hold less-if you try to get more in you have a compressed load-more pressure,don't do it.'Accurate shooter' site has detailed info on 223 etc.

It isn't rocket science,but be aware.Most reported long shots etc would have been made with somewhat less hot loads,and an extra elevation click.

Gbal

Archived