We are going to run some moving target shoots at Bisley in the near future. Although most of these will be centred around driven boar, we have the idea that some people might like to shoot scoring targets. Combined with a training input and plenty of practice, the shoots can be quite challenging.

We would shoot at 25, 50 and around 80m as the range allows on varying speed targets. Obviously a bit of a competition at the end of the day!

Up to 8 shooters for the day.

You will need around 100 rounds. Cost will depend on numbers of people interested.

Please let us know via the website or PM if you fancy having a go.

Interested but can you define 'near future' a little more specific please?

Some people have different ideas of scale when talking timelines :)

Brgds Terry

Thanks,

I just need to have a look at the CNC bookings and the effect of the Imperial meeting on the range. I have an alternative venue at Bisley but price is still under negotiation. I would like to be doing something by late in May. Ideal days are Fridays or Saturdays but it really does depend on demand and I can be quite flexible.

Late May's looking good for me (at the moment :) ), Friday or Saturday if enough warning.

Please keep an update going.

Do I assume (always dangerous) this being short distance, it is planned as 'offhand' shooting?

Brgds Terry

It would seem more sporting that way!

We would like to do a package for 100-400 m movers from the prone but this can be a bit problematical as handhelds with walking now fall out of safe butts procedure on Military ranges. Will keep you updated.

It would seem more sporting that way!

We would like to do a package for 100-400 m movers from the prone but this can be a bit problematical as handhelds with walking now fall out of safe butts procedure on Military ranges. Will keep you updated.

Interesting.

Where did you get that info from, and do you have a link, jsp ref etc ?

I ask, because I have a div saam coming up here, and some of the targetry req is for h/held fig 20's for moving practice, I've had no communication saying it's no longer approved, but if not, that'll save me a heap of work cutting out the silhouettes for 30 targets.

The fact that there is a Gucci mmtt range 1/4 mile away should really negate the need to do it here, but .......

It seems to vary from range to range, but became more difficult to carry out at Lydd and Hythe and get past the Range Officer with a perfectly acceptable MTT range on site. The concern was that the butts party were potentially subject to debris and deflected rounds and were not as specified under the mantlet. I did have a student hit once which was a drama for about 4 hours. A bit awkward to justify on the risk assessment form as well!

More importantly a fly in the ointment has arisen with the range charges at Bisley. To save any appearance af a rant I will PM the interested parties!

• 5 months later...

Archived