Poachers nearly shot

Cushty mush

Well it was a lovely sunny after noon in taunton

Today for a change, so I went to my local dairy farm permission to take a fuw rabbits out, had a quick chat with the farmer and headed off,

Walking up to my spot with the hmr on a little hill

Over looking 2 small paddocks (rabbits every were) bipod legs down rangefinder and had the scope on a rabbit 153yrds , and then all of a sudden it ran like no tomorrow I thought wtf! As I picked my head up out the scope two stupid young boys about 18/19 literally 2yards off the rabbit! As it was sut on a corner,, walking with two air rifles ,,,,one more second and I'd of shot,, I quickly shouted what are you doing and they just ran!!

Very silly boys

Lots down here at the minute lamping last week

When a disco come up the field doing about 40mph with a lightforce on judgeing by the the amount of light I shined my lamp on them and it span around just as fast!!

How the hell people have the nerve or stupidity beats me!!!

I was on a large permission a few weeks back sat out onbait waiting for problem fox, only I have permission, A car pulled up at the 5 bar gate and a lamp flicked on and quickly scanned the field I was in, then they lamped me and held the beam for a couple of seconds longer than i liked, I suddenly had a dry mouth, so swung my rifle round at them and flicked on my green t20 right in to the front seats of a mondeo estate with 2 young lads in and some kind of rifle sticking out of the window! 2nd time I have had this happen on farms where Im the only one with permission and people driving around and lamping from the road.

As is the nature, they drive off before I can get a reg number. Very very stressful.

Archived