Swarovski Z6i 5-30x50

Deerless

Just been on optics planet and they say that this scope has been discontinued, is this right as I thought it was one of their better selling scopes.

Has anyone used one of these for 600yds as I understand they may be limited on elevation, are they up to the job.

Deerless

It may be the original one that's discontinued. There is a Gen 2 and the Gen 3 is probably due soon.

I love mine. They do have limited elevation adjustment as they are designed as hunting scopes. I have the Ballistic Reticle version and find it perfect up to 800m which is about my limit with the .223 it lives on.

Heard from my RFD that Swarovski has listened to moans about the limited elevation adjustments on this scope and are bringing out and updated version to address it.

As I realistically won't go much beyond 600 yds, just wondered if the current Gen 2 was up to the job.

Deerless

A friend has one on a .223 sako varmint, std mounts, and he ran out of elevation at 500yds, so I would say you are a bit limited at distance.

It depends what reticle you use. With the BR reticle and a low magnification, I can get out over a 1000yds and on x30 it still getting to over 600 yds.

See attached - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12296998/Reticles/260%20Rem%20129%20SP%20N165%20-%20Swarovski.pdf

Regards

JCS

I had one of these scopes on a .243 and found that after 400 yards or so it was ineffective due to not being able to adjust for the wind, i had a plex reticle.

I would say that the glass is the best around.

In short its not really a target scope at all, but about as good as it gets for field use.

Quite agree with You JCS regarding reticle choice and how to use it, but the question from the op regarding possibility of limited elevation does exist, hence the use of the BR ret to overcome this by yourself, I think you would agree that elevation only will not get you as far as would possibly be needed by the op, but as Gandy said in a nutshell it's not really a target scope at all but as good as it gets for field use.

Archived