March Scopes & NV

achosenman

Hello

We have just sent a demo scope to a professional deer stalker in Scotland, he tested a 2.5-25x42 the comments were that it worked with NV and produced a very similar image to his Zeiss, customer ordered the 2.5-25x52 for some more light gathering, his comments were very good regarding the scope, I will find the findings and post.

He had previously tested Swarovski, S&B and NF.

Customer ordered the MTR -4 as it is thicker than the MTR-2 and as per the comment above the MTR-1 will be too fine.

Regards

Gary

I use the 5-50x56 and I think its great , I use the mtr-2 reticle.

Farthest shot to date has only been 260yds or so but was a super picture and can really crank the mag up.

If I get a chance I will try and take a picture or video through it @ 200 yds with my phone and post.

Thanks guys. I've just taken delivery of a Swarovski Z6 2.5-15x56. I'll try it out tonight since folks have been saying how good it is. If not, it'll go on the stalking rifle. The downside as far as I can see is the turret is a bit Micky Mouse for vermin work and the magnification is really suited to big game work rather than small critters at long range.

The 5-50x56 March sounds like it might be just the ticket if the picture is good. Trying to get an excellent day scope that works equally well with NV is a bit like looking for hens teeth. The Zeiss 6-24x56 that I'm using ATM seems to be slightly out of focus to me and it's starting to irritate now.

ATB

Hello

What is the march mtr 2 reticle like for long range vermin shooting, a friend of mine is thinking of buying a 8-80x56 with mtr 2 reticle.

Regards

Mike

Hello

What is the march mtr 2 reticle like for long range vermin shooting, a friend of mine is thinking of buying a 8-80x56 with mtr 2 reticle.

Regards

Mike

In my opinion the mtr-2 reticle is the best march reticle for long range vermin.

Depending on where you were I wouldn't mind coming down for some long range shooting if you wanted to use it.

John

Archived