6.5 enticed me to get back shooting for 2014

tikkat3tac

I've not been shooting for a while nor online that often either due to work and personal life.

This year I plan on getting back doing a lot more so I always fancied a 6.5x55se.

Well, I found my rifle and bought it. It had a genuine 50 or less rounds through it since new.

It might nor be everyone's cup of tea but I am extremely happy with it :D

Scope and rings, I did not buy as I am thinking of putting my Nightforce NXS on it or a Zeiss diavari FL.

Its a TIKKA Super Varmint with the following specification:

Tikka T3 Super varmint 6.5 x 55

1:8 twist 24" barrel

PDC Custom GEN1 Modular chasis

Custom Bolt knob

Accuracy International magazine

GG&G XDS Bipod

Original stock

Carry case

rifle65x55_zpsb8b15eda.jpeg

Looking forward to picking your knowledgable brains on ammo. Factory of course as reloading is a pain here.

Very nice looking rifle and a chasis I have not come across before. Especially nice to see it available in long action for the T3.

I am pretty sure reloading is illegal in Ireland where the OP is based or at least only available by special licence.

I like that a lot, I use the same cal and am very happy with its performance you will not be disappointed. I load my own so cannot recommend a factory load but you will find that most makes of ammo for this calibre will be pretty good, the 6.5s are inherently accurate.

If you ever want to sell it, first dibs please!!

Tony.

Thanks guys, i am very happy with it:) getting the barrel threaded at the moment

Nice to see another chassis option for the t3. Is that a .300wm magazine? Do you know if it needed to be modified to feed properly? Sorry I can't offer any advice on factory ammo as I handload.

Thanks Bamboo, as far as I know PDC carried out the work on the magazine as part of a special order as PDC only build to order for Tikka.

Can I ask why reloading is a pain? Component supply problems?

H/man

Reloading is a legal nightmare here, unfortunately. We can have the ammo but not the individual components. Makes no sense.

Very nice looking rifle and a chasis I have not come across before. Especially nice to see it available in long action for the T3.

I am pretty sure reloading is illegal in Ireland where the OP is based or at least only available by special licence.

Thanks Scotch Egg, PDC do some beautiful work but mainly just for Remington, Savage and Winchester.

@ Tony, thanks a mill! I think I will try the lapua 139gr scenars for target and get some 140gr Hornady as well, to start with.

Really hope they sort out the reloading situation here soon as I reckon its the only way to get the best out of any rifle.

Good choice of ammo, I reckon you should get good results from those, keep us posted on your progress.

ATB Tony.

Good choice of ammo, I reckon you should get good results from those, keep us posted on your progress.

ATB Tony.

Cheers Tony, Really looking forward to getting some trigger time on it. In the meantime I will drool over the reloads you guys have done for this round.

Archived