Nightforce Atacr Moar

gearoidol

I have recently sold my nxs npr2 8-32x56 and am awaiting an atacr moar coming the end of the month,my rfd kindly gave me a loan

of his own nxs 5.5-22 moar for a few weeks until the atacr comes in.I was out at the weekend doing a bit of target and steel shooting

and I got a fair surprise how much thicker the .140 subtensions on the moar was in reality.

I am not sure if was the thicker subtensions or the less zoom or a mixture that made things so different.Those of you out there with atacr moar

how do you find it for shooting really precise groups @ 100 - 200 yards

I am aware that nightforce are bringing out a moar-t reticle but it has not been announced for the atacr yet

just to update this,i emailed nightforce and they informed me the subtensions of the moar on an atacr are different than an moar on nxs apparently

nxs 5.5-22x56 moar subtensions (crosshairs) are .140 moa

atacr moar .10 moa

if this is correct hopefully I wont have an issue

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 5.5-22x50 NXS with the MOAR ret and I struggle with the line thickness when shooting for group . The extra 3x of the Atacr makes the ret slightly thinner but still more than the R2 etc .

You won't be disappointed in the optic quality of the Atacr .

OSOK

The reticle is plenty fine enough unless you plan to aim at flies past 300yds.

Have one on my 6x47L and as Taylor said, the glass is way better than the NSX

I had an early Razer Gen 2 back in february and the glass was a definate step up from the gen 1 so if the maga range suits you get your order in but if weight is critical, think ahead as the 3-18 was quite heavy, 13-1400 gr if memory serves

The thread is about shooting precise groups at 100 to 200 yards with the MOAR ret and this is far from it's strong point . I found myself putting a 12-42 on for load development and then dropping the MOAR back on when the rifle was sorted .

OSOK

thanks for the replies,got to see one during the week and I think it should be ok,

for the record these are the subtensions at max mag

nxs npr2 8-32 .062 moa

nxs atacr 5.5-22 .125 moa

atacr moar 5-25 .10 moa

it might sound like its nit picking but the rifle is capable of shooting .18 moa at 200 yards 5 shot groups and

its hard to do that with a thick reticle

as you are blocking a lot of your group

The thread is about shooting precise groups at 100 to 200 yards with the MOAR ret and this is far from it's strong point . I found myself putting a 12-42 on for load development and then dropping the MOAR back on when the rifle was sorted .

OSOK

Thanks, I always wanted an ATACR over the NSX but I may just stick with my NSX 8-32 MLR.

ps. not used the gun or scope yet as it is difficult to get the reloading components. :-(

Regards Phil

It may sound an odd thing that you've done to some but I understand , however I am assuming that buying an Atacr was never about its amount of MOA available as the two scopes have different uses . I think I would have gone for the NP-R1 with its 2 MOA windage marks ( never really understood the 5 MOA of the NP-R2 )

Just a thought

OSOK

Archived