Out of season

Guest wireviz

Guest wireviz

quote from harry /swede . There are some who carry out this appalling practice and hide behind excuses such as "its all to do with forestry management". Much like Nazi Concentration Camp guards trying to defend their appalling actions by saying they were only following orders.

Given the extent of the evidence available from the likes of enlightened major forestry enterprises such as Eskdalemuir etc.

Are such practices ever justifiable, should those who commit such acts of abuse be condemned, and publicly criticised and shamed?

Should they be reported and have the authorities demand evidence of their legal right to carry out such abuse?

Should they if unable to provide such evidence and justification have their FAC revoked, given a day in court, fined, and hopefully be incarcerated at her majesties pleasure?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the reply to a topic on should deer on occasions be shot out of season . ?

It was also stated by one of the chaps who is a self proclaimed expert on DEER and its management that only the Forestry commission get out of season licences .

Is this what we should be putting up on the net to help the new lads into the sport.

Whats your opinion on out of season shooting if the deer numbers are so high that you have an out of season ticket. :mellow:

Personally I don't see an issue with shooting bucks/stags out of season if there is major forestry/crop damage occurring. As far as hinds/does go, shoot them while they are still carrying (in or out of season) or wait till the dependant fawn is visible and can be dropped first. While some may not like it, in some areas deer a becoming a major pest due to years of successful breeding and sporadic management.

I think culling out of season is mostly because the management of

numbers failed. Harry might be right to be a bit upset, but no management

can be perfect so one must fix when needed. One must see the bigger picture

and over time optimize in season culling and minimise out of season culling.

That would be the theorie anyway.

I have no problem shooting a animal out of season if necessary.

edi

I have a ticket to shoot out of season and this at my discretion as there are hundreads of new trees that have been planted. Now I know not everyone agrees with the practice but its what im asked to do and if I dont do it someone else will.

It is a perfectly legal practice if it is granted from those with authority, I fail to see what all the grief is, especially if this is based on the welfare of the Deer. Excessive Deer numbers are a real problem in some areas and stalkers cannot keep this in check by normal means.

If Deer are in pest proportions then this practice must be accepted as a means of control, and carried within the guidlines of the permit.

Hell, next we will be questioning wheather Deer ought to be shot at all! :D

Edi you dont know Harry mate, he wont be upset he dosnt care as long as he can have a dig.

He is an arrogant, self opinionated, pompous w#nker, who's only intention is to cause as much dissruption and controversy on all forums where he lurks as one of his many alter ego's.

Ian.

hhmmm don't quite get your drift, what is it your trying to say?

:D:lol::lol:

Hello i dont mind stag/bucks but hind/does after 31st march is a no,no & i am guilty of shooting on out of season tickets & do what needs to be done & a night licence as well but to be true shooting the females at this time of year is no fun when heavyish in calf.

Edi you dont know Harry mate, he wont be upset he dosnt care as long as he can have a dig.

He is an arrogant, self opinionated, pompous w#nker, who's only intention is to cause as much dissruption and controversy on all forums where he lurks as one of his many alter ego's.

Ian.

Ian, I've obviously noticed what was going on. If one starts getting anoyed by

others behaviour one could possibly waste valuable shooting time, and that is bad.

edi

Hi guys just a quick observation for what its worth.

Who set the buck season and why-was it anything to do with welfare or was is purely to do with when the animals head was at its best i.e. no velvet etc. When the bucks also cause a lot of damage cleaning of the velvet just prior to their season. Yes have a closed season on does for the welfare of young and if you want a closed season for bucks on welfare grounds then surely that should be just over the rut.

Just my thoughts not after an argument or anything.

Happy hunting.

Phil

Guest wireviz

Thanks for the warm welcome back and while i am no expert i am passionate about deerstalking and there management and my view is not distorted by greed for money or for medals . ;) Here's the picture that caused the trouble a gold medal buck shot in velvet out of a vulnerable hard wood planting. Harry/swede is a medal hunter and there fore gets up set when one is wasted in such away.

VELVET.jpg

While i am at it i must thanks vim for the invite down to shoot one of his large reds. I got it measured by Mr Richard Prior yesterday and it made a nice gold.

25pointmassive22JPG-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

Hi Dave,

That's a mighty fine Red !

I had a Fallow measured last year and it was .03 from being a gold ;) I shot it a few years ago and only got round to getting it measured last year.

It wasn't a park fallow either so it made it even more special .

Welcome back wireviz!!!!!

Well done on that stag - hes a absolute beauty!!!!!! ;):P

Nice picture of the roe buck too!!!!

All the best.................

RAY............................. :D;)

Guest wireviz

I have been quite lucky or unlucky as the case may be. I have shot a few medals and most of them have been quite special . I have also had one measured that just missed a gold a nice roe buck that made 129.3 ,i was quite pissed off . But i also got a gold that just made it 130.5 so here's hoping your next one crosses the threshold. I would never shoot a tame or pet deer canned hunting is the new name it has no challenge and the stalking to me is what its all about.

Bronze medal .

Roebucks.jpg

Silver Medal

medalalldone.jpg

The one that was just short

bigboy.jpg

The gold i got last year and very unxpected.

buckandbuck2007.jpg

I here that CANNED HUNTING is pretty big in NZ,mate of mine farms deer down there and recons theres a good market for his old studs, problem being he has to keep them for an extra year as stags are VELVETED in nz so they have never built up the muscle in there necks to be able to carry these enormous antlers.

Maybe TOP PREDETOR could tell us more?????

FERN

Guest wireviz

[Nice to see you were invite back harry, With regards canned hunting in Newzealand that's up to them but it is not for me . Put up a picture of the medal munty you were so proud of mate a nice gold i am told ;) . Most of the lads on here would love to here your proper story's and see some of your chosen pictures. With regards the comment Top Predator i am way off that mate you know you and Mansucker are the outright winners on every hunting and stalking web site. :P

[Nice to see you were invite back harry, With regards canned hunting in Newzealand that's up to them but it is not for me . Put up a picture of the medal munty you were so proud of mate a nice gold i am told ;) . Most of the lads on here would love to here your proper story's and see some of your chosen pictures. With regards the comment Top Predator i am way off that mate you know you and Mansucker are the outright winners on every hunting and stalking web site. :P

;):D Think you got me mixed up with someone else, dont get this harry thing is it for real or just a name given to everyboby thst posts something you dont like????? TOP PREDATOR has been posting from nz just thought he might be able to comment. Sorry if i affended you in some way, how is it possible to get clearance from you before i post again ???????

IF i ever do shoot a gold medal munty and figure how to post pics i will if its ok with you that is???? highly unlikely though as i live north of the border

FERN

Well done with that stag Dave, ;) good of Vim to sort you out, but then that’s good mates for you. :P

I can vouch for Top Predator he is jam doughnut all to do with Harry, I doubt he has even heard of him.

If I had to have a out of season licence on a piece of land that I had been shooting for a number of seasons then I would feel that I had failed, however if it was a temporary thing on a new piece of land and I wasn’t leaving dependant young without a mother I don’t have a problem with it, there are no welfare issues in shooting males out of season you are only depriving a trophy hunter of a head.

In NZ they have phrase “fair chase” if an animal is not take under fair chase conditions then it is not eligible to be scored for a medal. Most Kiwis have no time for canned hunting it is for some Americans and Arabs.

Best rgds

B-b

Guest wireviz

[Thanks Kevin stag of a ;lifetime mate and from now on it will be hinds and staggies i will leave the big fellas for vim to flex his muscles on. Fern take no notice of be just been stalked all over the Internet by christian Sutton and looks like him and you have the same sense of humour. ;)

Archived