Certificate of safety and competence course?

Hello,

I am shooting gallery rifle at Bisley on the 23 March but need this certificate.

My local club is not running the course soon.

Are there any clubs hopefully in the Midlands that run this.

I live in Worcester.

Thanks for your help.

Phil

Do you shoot 'unsupervised' with the club ? If so, they should give you a ssc surely ?

Hi,

Yes I shoot unsupervised. I've shot at more national matches than anyone at the club but they still insist on completing the course.

They know my history but still won't give me a cert... :-(

Hello Bradders,

Yes, I have done that but it only last for the day of the comp.

I really need to get the full cert.

No,

Ring the NRA and speak to Peter Cottrell, he'll put you straight.

We can assess/certify people on a daily one-to-one basis for CSR, or you can get a letter from your chairman to say you're safe etc and the NRA will accept it

Phil,

This all sounds a bit *rse backwards, when you joined the club did they not do a supervised probationary period? Surly obtaining the CSC formed part of that - or as your club is gallery rifle do they only use a private range and therefore not bother?

As others have pointed out there are ways to obtain but your club should really do this.

Terry

Good news,

I have spoken to the right person and they are happy to sign my certificate. :-) very happy bunny.

I can now enter the Spring Action Weekend on the 23 March at Bisley.

Thanks Phil

Good news,

I have spoken to the right person and they are happy to sign my certificate. :-) very happy bunny.

I can now enter the Spring Action Weekend on the 23 March at Bisley.

Thanks Phil

I'm sure you and the 53 others will have fun

Thanks, i'll take that as a compliment. I'm getting rusty now though. :)

Are you going?

Ello matey, not going sorry. Having a go at PSG, CSR and Multigun this year for a bit of fun although I'll do the Phoenix and the Nationals plus Germany. I'm shooting the Budleigh Steel match, are you? If so pop over here to Barnstaple for a few beers first as it's only an hour's drive there in the morning. Cheers Gwyn

Ello matey, not going sorry. Having a go at PSG, CSR and Multigun this year for a bit of fun although I'll do the Phoenix and the Nationals plus Germany. I'm shooting the Budleigh Steel match, are you? If so pop over here to Barnstaple for a few beers first as it's only an hour's drive there in the morning. Cheers Gwyn

Helloooo :-)

Trying to get in what comps I can this year.

I'm out the country more than I'm in it.

Work is busy this year. Just been to Spain for 6wks. Then I think i'm in Sweden next week.

I like lots of travelling though.

Hopefully see you soon :):):)

ps, love the Kidd you made me :wub: my favourite gun

Archived