I have been toying with getting a 338 Lapua for an informal target rifle as I can use at my local club and not far from Sennybridge

I was looking at either a TRG or the Barratt, but have since seen the Remington 700 chambered in 338 LM.

Are these available in the UK? They seem a bit of a bargain at £1600

I have been toying with getting a 338 Lapua for an informal target rifle as I can use at my local club and not far from Sennybridge

I was looking at either a TRG or the Barratt, but have since seen the Remington 700 chambered in 338 LM.

Are these available in the UK? They seem a bit of a bargain at £1600

Well,why not ,but give a thought to recoil,in a fairly light rifle (R700)-338L is up 50% on 300 win mag,if you have had that pleasure.

Brake/mag mod will be appreciated.

Gbal

There's a Remmy 338 on the Diggle club notice board. It was one of a handful built specially by Remington for evaluation by British Police forces. It's had very little through it - I thinks it's about £2000. I can find out more if you are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

There should be plenty of Viht coming in, and the .338 can work with a good range of powders with the 250 - 300gr bullets. I find if you buy a reasonable stock of powder, bullets and primers they tend to last a long time, it's not exactly an everyday go to rifle, for most at least!

Archived