The state of the NRA

MrCetrizine

SARTS

Seldom Actually Records The Shots

I'm glad that got your attention BTW, it's not been decided what type will be purchased, my preference will be for a simple knock down type with AMS capability.

A few years ago we were loaned a system by SAAB that we used for a winters season of CSR ETR matches on Stickledown (bet you didn't know that!)

And while it was a clever and fun system, it was also somewhat complicated.

Planning is for the range to be built to the left of Stickledown, either behind Melville, or alongside.

There will also be 6 (I think) bays built for practical shotgun etc.

Definitely moving forward

The old guard have had their day

Lockheed Martin won the MoD contract. They had some problems with the acoustic detection sensors, now resolved and the targets are being rolled out across the MoD ranges.

http://www.lockheedmartin.co.uk/uk/news/press-releases/2011-press-releases/070211.html

The original 'lomar' bar was very short, and had less microphones, it was also picking up the wrong lane. The new style bar, made by another company has sensors on both ends, but is quite a bit wider/longer, thus why the coffin the target is sat in has had chunks taken out of it to accommodate the new ones. The targetry is in place, sans lomar, and due for fitting in 6 weeks or so. At the moment they are relying on 'hit switches' that are basically engine 'knock' sensors, these are screwed into place unlike on the FET's that slid into place, and moved, causing 'no hits' or 'multiple hits' to be recorded.

I've been a member of the nra for quite a few years now, to me it offers the ability to hire a target for a few quid for those load testing days etc ( low season rates)

The problem with the nra has always been the muppets that run it, and the new guy is no better, he promised loads and so far all he's done is cut down a Forrest worth of trees ( I know why he done it but it still looks like the Somme) the aracnahuts ( bogs) are no better( still no hand towels most of the time). His latest wheeze is to put up the rents for on site clubs ( far exceeding inflation) try to charge outside interest groups (HOG) 20%+ increases. This has caused HOG to go else where, so now the nra are 10k down (not too much you say) but the on site clubs benefitted by a collective 100k, which is now lost revenue, so now said clubs will have to up subs etc just to cover there losses.

Rant over

Redshift

Archived