Teflon Coating

TC

Anyone do Teflon coating in the UK?

I've seen it marketed as Black Ice in the US.

Global Rifles advertise something similar but I doubt they are in the UKV recommended list.....

Tony

Cheers Dave.

Any experience of it?

I have an Alaskan Co-Pilot in Stainless that is just too "bling" and as Teflon is one of the original options it seems logical vs say Cerakote.

Tony

Teflon is going to be harder wearing than either cerakote or duracoat Tony, simply because its thicker.

I find myself having to explain paint more and more to customers as they seem to think its armour plating...it isn't and wears.

This is down to the utter rubbish spouted by salesmen.

I try and be honest with people. I tend to use cerakote on barrelled actions as its thinner and is more suitable for tight actions. People say its 9 times harder than duracoat....thats simply not true. it wears at a very similar rate. Both paints have their use and place, but I,ve found next to no difference in wear rates and they are both applied in exactly the same way.

I,ve seen some teflon and it was good. If its from Russ its gonna be right.

Err come on sod the paint you can't say you have a co-pilot and not show some drooling pics!

I'd love to see some as I've got the plates to covert my marlin

Yes I,ve seen that too.

Not in my own experience.

That "test" showed gunkote to be superior to duracoat, and that is most definately incorrect. Gunkote was one of the first paints I ever used on a gun, and it wears extremely rapidly , so rapidly infact, you simply cannot sell it to people and give any useable life from the finish.

Its all down to the film thickness and test results can be made to favour anything.

Dont get me wrong here, I,m not pulling either paint apart...I use lots of both types....just dont believe everything you see or are told about a product.

A good indicator is also how easy the stuff gritblasts off. Duracoat is twice, to three times harder to remove than Cerakote.

Thanks Dave, good info.

Jungle, this is the only pic I have of it on my phone. I'm away at the moment but can take some proper ones if it helps you with your build.

I had a chance to buy this rifle a few years ago but let it go and regretted it. It came back up last year and I snagged it but am ashamed to say I've not had chance to shoot it yet.

WP_20131224_002_zpsd0819c7c.jpg

Archived