Berger match bullets for hunting ??

Exeter lad

Right.. I will probably get some abuse for this but here we go!

Recently acquired a 7mm Remington magnum.. Doing load development with the berger 180 gr hybrids getting ok accuracy within a inch( loading more to get better accuracy) at the moment.. My question is would it be ok for shooting deer with the match bullet (yellow box)?? Berger says not suitable..! But a lot of people use the amax bullets for deer and get good results and that a target round!?! Advice needed please.. Aaron

Berger make bullets with thinner jackets for hunting with. The VLDs come in Hunting and Target varieties, same bullet different jacket thickness.

If Berger say your particular bullet isn't suitable for hunting then there will be a reason for it.

Amax is marketed as a hunting bullet, just not in the UK

Mark

Yea I know they have a hunting line but I don't know anyone in the uk who stocks them?

I didn't realise the amax where stated as a hunting round too! I thought it was only a target match round! Aaron

From what I've seen and heard but not tried is that the hunting will expand more than the target bullet but will not retain weight so could fragment. The target has the thicker jacket so won't expand as much but there will be some expansion.

Right.. I will probably get some abuse for this but here we go!

Recently acquired a 7mm Remington magnum.. Doing load development with the berger 180 gr hybrids getting ok accuracy within a inch( loading more to get better accuracy) at the moment.. My question is would it be ok for shooting deer with the match bullet (yellow box)?? Berger says not suitable..! But a lot of people use the amax bullets for deer and get good results and that a target round!?! Advice needed please.. Aaron

Which part of "Berger says not suitable" do you not understand then ?

If you can't find a suitable bullet actually designed to do the job with the vast array available then you should stick to shooting paper

We're not going here again :rolleyes:

Archived