Winter foxing 2014

Toby

Finally got a fall of snow. My baits have been out since the beginning of November but without the snow not alot of activity.

Setting up in the shed I spotted a fox around the bait 100m away. I only had to wait 5 minutes before the first customer arrived.

dropped straight to the shot. An hour later a bob tailed fox appeared from my right and made a long loop round to the bait. She dropped to the shot but crawled on a bit so I gave her another round . Another hour passed and a big fox appeared from nowhere, went straight over to the last shot fox, grabbed her and started dragging her away.

I gave a whistle and he paused to receive a 25 gr Berger Varmint, dropped on the spot.

I waited another hour but nothing showed.

2 dogs and a little vixen. Good to get started.......

20140112_013730_zpsbed6d9d2.jpg

20140112_013738_zpsbc2b72c4.jpg

20140112_014857_zpsd223b1b1.jpg

A question for you guys a shop in my Town centre apparently has a sign in the window wanting to buy fox or rabbit pelts. I am a target shooter so have not a clue about foxing or rabbiting. What do you normally do with the fox/rabbit pelts. Are you allowed to sell them.

We usually give away the rabbits we shoot to a old lad we know. And we dont usually do anything with the foxes we shoot ,we could probably sell them but I can't see anybody wanting them

A question for you guys a shop in my Town centre apparently has a sign in the window wanting to buy fox or rabbit pelts. I am a target shooter so have not a clue about foxing or rabbiting. What do you normally do with the fox/rabbit pelts. Are you allowed to sell them.

where is that then?and has the shop any windows left?

cant see anyone in the uk advertising so openly.

It did cause a bit of a stir I think the person concerned has got her facts wrong the shop sells second hand designer clothing and second hand fur coats. I think the advert probably meant she wanted to buy second hand fox and rabbit fur coats. But this person is up in arms she reckons the shop is wanting to buy fox and rabbit furs. I don't shoot foxes or rabbit my self so I was not sure what happened to fox carcasses and pelts I was guessing they are just buried or burnt but I just thought I would ask out of curiosity. She certainly got her knickers in a twist over it. Nowt so strange as folk. :D

Archived