WIP Tacicool take down marlin Cotswold cowboy!

jungle_re

It took me ages to finally find a suitable marlin to buy, but I eventually got a nice pistol grip pre Remington marlin in .44 mag. It was always the intention to Tacicool it up for a bit of fun, I don't like tactical type firearms for hunting so as this as a range gun for gallery rifle I can fill my boots. I have a very specific idea how I want this to look and it won't be out and out tacticool. Most of the bits are purely aesthetic other than the take down function which frankly is just because it's cool! I have yet to decide on all the final details but here are a few starter pictures of the bits and also what I've been able to work on in the ships workshop while away. Im very much looking forward to making the cheek peice as it been a while since I've been in the knife workshop. I expect 2 other ukv people will be involved with this project for the bits I'm not tooled up to do.

image-2.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

I already have a extra long pic rail, a leather wood scout 1-7x32 scout scope

Happy trigger and bear extractor, anodised mag end, finger and coin lever screw and hammer spur.

Can't wait to progress this more!

I expect to have it all finished up and winning ha ha :-) by the next round house so I'll bring it down.

Obviously will up date the thread as thing happen but that's about all I can do now while away from home.

• 3 weeks later...

7596356a4aa4cb34071bf4c26c89254a.jpg

Pic rail front grip added, xs sight rail with a leatherwood scout 2-7x 32 scope with quick release mounts

A hand screw/coin screw lever screw added, the springs changed out on the hammer and lever

Need to fit the happy tigger and bear extractor

The 90% finished stock is more like 50% finished it's going to take a lot more work to get nice than I'd hoped just to get to a nice shape, the finish doesn't need to be to ultra smooth as it will have a epoxy grip stippling added then a black granite spray job.

The take down kit requires some metal work to be done so will round a few bits off too in the process before ceracote in a flat black of some sort. Will hopefully have a Bradders brake fitted up front. The stock will also have a home made leather and kydex cheek piece fitted though with this optic on the current weld is fairly good.

Cheers for looking Will

Well done mate, that's a great little project.

Reminds me of a very old article in 'Guns & Ammo' where they kitted a lever action up for home defence. No household can be without one...

Looking forward to seeing the gun 'fully armed and operational'.

Thanks for posting.

Christian

Archived