Gong Shooting in LA

Well I got the word from work that I had to go to our office in LA..... Great some might say, apart from the fact that it meant that I would have to miss the 1st round of the new 600 yard BR league last weekend.

So given that I was going to be in the Land of the Free, I went hunting for some weekend fun.

As luck had it, one of my colleagues piped up that he had a pistol and wouldnt mind going shooting.

So some people go to church on a Sunday morning...... we however go gong shooting!

His buddy and he turned up after a last minute turn of plan, can you go to the following place... (me) sure give me the address, into the sat nav it goes and 30 mins later I arrived at the "Angeles Shooting Ranges"....

A lovely outdoor facility with Rifle range out to 600 yards, pistols to 100 yards, clays and air rifles. It is in the mountains on the outskirts of LA, the sun was out and it was about 20 degrees.

There was a reloading shop and ammo sales, but no rental guns.

Anyway, my colleague Danny and his mate Sam turn up with a 9mm Glock and a 40 S&W Heckler and Koch...... Soon we were having some fun clacking some gongs on the pistol range.

It wasn't my usual type of shooting, but by god it was fun, speaking to some of the locals they were very friendly and I will be going back there if I get to go out to the LA office again.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Cheers

Bruce

WORK!tell us another tale!

hope all is well Bruce have you recovered from AUS?

and yes you did miss diggle -a very good day-you were missed for the scoring we had some old geezer doing it ;) took him ages! see you soon enjoy your work.

Well I got the word from work that I had to go to our office in LA..... Great some might say, apart from the fact that it meant that I would have to miss the 1st round of the new 600 yard BR league last weekend.

So given that I was going to be in the Land of the Free, I went hunting for some weekend fun.

As luck had it, one of my colleagues piped up that he had a pistol and wouldnt mind going shooting.

So some people go to church on a Sunday morning...... we however go gong shooting!

His buddy and he turned up after a last minute turn of plan, can you go to the following place... (me) sure give me the address, into the sat nav it goes and 30 mins later I arrived at the "Angeles Shooting Ranges"....

A lovely outdoor facility with Rifle range out to 600 yards, pistols to 100 yards, clays and air rifles. It is in the mountains on the outskirts of LA, the sun was out and it was about 20 degrees.

There was a reloading shop and ammo sales, but no rental guns.

Anyway, my colleague Danny and his mate Sam turn up with a 9mm Glock and a 40 S&W Heckler and Koch...... Soon we were having some fun clacking some gongs on the pistol range.

It wasn't my usual type of shooting, but by god it was fun, speaking to some of the locals they were very friendly and I will be going back there if I get to go out to the LA office again.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce - sometimes it's great just to have a plink - especially when it's with something we can no longer own!

Archived