First STL Actions arrived

Hi Scotch,

yes all have the 60 deg throw.

The two top actions STL uses for custom builds and the BSR action will be for a series rifle. We are working on a stock.

This action, magazine, bottom metal and stock were designed within half a year. Manfred Schmitt the owner of STL is a one man show.

They only use Lothar Walther barrels. Manfred, his wife and son are active target shooters and have won the German Nationals umpteen times.

Actions take remmy triggers. The top barrelled action is a 6mmbr with a straight taper 1.2" LW match barrel. I'll fit that into an E-Tac for

playing around a bit. The single action is for a custom build I'll do for a German customer. Barrel will be screwed on by STL in Germany after we

have made a stock etc.

The BSR is the second one made, she is in 308 and we'll test her on SIka. BSR actions come in one size only however have two different bottom metals

for long or short action. Magazines are single row stainless, Mag box Nylon plastic to save weight and keep clatter down.

edi

• 1 year later...

The top action Edi,, twin recoil lug design, integral rail, single shot, that will be one stiff action..

What bolt face will that go to…..338..looking at the bolt diameter which looks .750" or more and the tenon of the top action the action looks like it would take a 1.350" barrel..

Or am I way off :)

I would say the actions are made by Andreas Schuler

http://buema-hochwang.de

I know both Andreas and Manfred. Pretty sure STL has his bits made somewhere else.

Andreas (ASH) is making his own action which is more Rem clone with 3 lug bolt, integrated recoil lug and integrated rail.

STL http://www.stl-rifles.com/

We are not agents for either of them.

edi

Cheers Edi

I like the look of the STL, though they all (and I include Andrea's actions in this) look like the R..dale Avenger ,,,,,(I had one on order about 7 years ago….) maybe that was a copy or design similarity of a generic design

Like most modern customs have generic design elements from the Rem 700 and Mauser 98...

I know both Andreas and Manfred. Pretty sure STL has his bits made somewhere else.

Andreas (ASH) is making his own action which is more Rem clone with 3 lug bolt, integrated recoil lug and integrated rail.

STL http://www.stl-rifles.com/

We are not agents for either of them.

edi

No problem, it's just the Bolt design and the shroud are identical to an ASH.DE action I've had through here.

I also saw some similarities with... I am sure Menke actions too.

ASH made the first Roedale actions, or at least the prototypes as far as I know.

STL is making his own trigger now which fits into his as well as Rem actions.

The ASH Walkuere action is internally made differently, after a Voerer design I think.

edi

The top action Edi,, twin recoil lug design, integral rail, single shot, that will be one stiff action..

What bolt face will that go to…..338..looking at the bolt diameter which looks .750" or more and the tenon of the top action the action looks like it would take a 1.350" barrel..

Or am I way off :)

Ronin, sorry for the late reply,

the twin recoil lug is a 6mmbr

he has the same design just 15mm longer as his magnum action which also take the 338LM and he has his own magazines which can take the longer loaded bullets. Action is a tad over 34mm wide, think the LW match barrels are around 31.5mm??

If you ever hop over here you can have a play with the actions.

edi

Love to hop across Edi just too busy at the moment,,, if I'm making a 338 id be using a 1.350 tenon

34mm = 1.338" so not far off

It would be on my list as a choice for a 338 action..

Archived