1st fox. Well chuffed.

Toots

Went out yesterday evening for a wander with the .243 looking for signs of a fox that had taken a few hens on one of my permissions. Wasn't expecting to see it but as I got to where the farmer said he had seen it skulking along the hedgerow there it was, trotting along the hedgerow (87 yards) with it's dinner (young bunny) in its mouth. It didn't look like stopping any time soon so it got a rather loud "oi" in it's direction. This stopped her right enough, seconds before a 90gr nosler BT delivered the good news. Well chuffed :lol: , as was the farmer. It's my first fox and first kill for the Remington so all in an excellent evening.

fromRiksphone1308030.jpg

well done your one of the team now :lol: nice rifle as well look after it ..looking forward to reading more of your posts ..was it a free standing shot ?? is that the 26" barrel ? and a pes hideing under the black cover ?

not a bad pic for saying it was taken with ricks phone a K800i :lol:

fromRiksphone1308030.jpg

Great when you plug one with a new gun , :lol: that old Charlie looks as if it had been feeding well on something,Nice looking gun whats the scope on it.

'Tis a bog standard 700 sps .243 with a tweaked trigger, dressed in a Swaro 8x56 in leupold mounts and a DM80 mod. Looking to get a HS or wild dog stock for it when funds permit. Shot was taken from a very convenient dry stone wall top! Would have taken .223 out but I'm between scopes on that one :lol: . Bigun, what else can you tell me about myself :lol: ?

Guest varmartin

Toots....dont worry bigun is not in the MI5 or CIA...he just saved your image to his PC and investigated the `Properties`tab. :lol:

Very sneaky of him though :lol:

varmartin sussed me out there :lol: what do you think of the DM80 mod..is it any good ??

:lol: what do you think of the DM80 mod..is it any good ??

Compared to my T8 it's lighter, smaller diameter and seems to do a slightly better job of hushing things up a bit. Adds about the same length to the gun when fitted and is apparently very easy to take in bits to clean too, aulthough I've never felt the need (yet).

Archived