ruger mini 14

sako 75 .243

hi guys

ok im new here!!..so please don't laugh your socks off at my question! :D ...can a mini 14 .223 be customised to shoot 1 moa?..as I have been offered one for a silly low price...black syn,stainless...have shot it off a bipod using 55 grn v-max 2.25 moa was best I could get :( ....hay I like the look of them.

thanks for your help.

Glenn

hi guys

ok im new here!!..so please don't laugh your socks off at my question! :D ...can a mini 14 .223 be customised to shoot 1 moa?..as I have been offered one for a silly low price...black syn,stainless...have shot it off a bipod using 55 grn v-max 2.25 moa was best I could get :( ....hay I like the look of them.

thanks for your help.

Glenn

2-3 moa was always more typical-the odd one might be a little better,and there are some barrel stabilisers that might help-but unless you actually get to shoot one that is consistently better,I fear that's about what they do. Sustained fire don't help either.They are not expensive,though...a correlation? And quite reliable in operation,but moa accurate ...no.Other straight pulls can be sub moa,but are considerably more expensive....

Gbal

thks guys

would bedding the action,fitting a accu strut,maybe a t4 mod help?....the one I shot had a cheap tasco silver antler on it.

A few have claimed an accustrut helped a little-but not enough.Nothing seems to except one thing:

Buy a sheep ranch in Montana

Keep the mini14 in the pick up truck

Mabe you will hit a fast running coyote

This is of course with the semi auto version.The rifle is short and handy,fast handling, good fire power,reliable and can take a bump or two in the truck,and it is cheap.It's even called Ranch Rifle.

Gbal

Well yes actually...........I had a Mini 30 whilst my shooting buddy had a 223 Mini14 both ended up shooting Moa or better. His being the more accurate of the 2. There is a company in the States called Accuracy systems that does accurising and it is relatively easy for an engineer to do. It involves bolting the action into the stock stiffening the barrel and some other bits.

Pete Moore did an article in Shooting Sports a couple of years ago.

Buy it they are good fun

Glenn,

What do you want it for?

They have never been regarded as an accurate rifle but if you want to just blast away for fun then do so, but I'm afraid Baldies post was accurate - you are going to spend money polishing a turd, but it could be fun trying :)

T

Archived