Osprey + Dolphin build

SRGNXL

Here are some pics of the new facelift to a recent build. Thanks to both Stuart from Osprey for the gunsmithing work and Mik from Dolphin gun co who coordinated this wonderfully, great customer service from both!

The chunky Surgeon XL action was sitting on a manners which did the job well but I hated the length of the whole thing so I was after a folder. After a couple of conversations, Mik offered to have his latest stock specifically inletted for this action. Here's the result all kitted up. Brian Fox very kindly lended me the israeli bipod until i got an adapter for my harris.

407800213.jpg

407800206.jpg

7 shots verifying zero

407800214.jpg

Regarding the BORS system, was curious how this would do at 1000 yards with my current load of 155.5bergers at 3010. Vince was abit sceptic by the looks of it so late in the evening I plugged in the new data after the chronograph readings the day before wit a G1 BC of .467 at 3010, 29.09inhg for pressure, 63F temp and a devilish wind switching from left to right.

Spun the turret till BORS screen read 999 yards, adjusted for wind and sent the first one down range. The shot was 1.25 MOA low and 2 feet right. To verify I sent another one down range and hit 6 oclock of V bull. Next shot was on the 5 ring. Now that i replugged the new data i acquired at 1000yds, the thing should be even more accurate. At 500 yards earlier in the season, Bors brought me 4 inches above Point of Aim.

Very happy with all of this, I just need a wide angled bipod which does not weigh a ton, maybe something like the sinclair tactical or else that Israeli bipod but with longer legs if possible, swivelling and adjustable for uneven ground. tnks Vince for your assistance as well :))

Here are some pics of the new facelift to a recent build. Thanks to both Stuart from Osprey for the gunsmithing work and Mik from Dolphin gun co who coordinated this wonderfully, great customer service from both!

The chunky Surgeon XL action was sitting on a manners which did the job well but I hated the length of the whole thing so I was after a folder. After a couple of conversations, Mik offered to have his latest stock specifically inletted for this action. Here's the result all kitted up. Brian Fox very kindly lended me the israeli bipod until i got an adapter for my harris.

407800213.jpg

407800206.jpg

7 shots verifying zero

407800214.jpg

Regarding the BORS system, was curious how this would do at 1000 yards with my current load of 155.5bergers at 3010. Vince was abit sceptic by the looks of it so late in the evening I plugged in the new data after the chronograph readings the day before wit a G1 BC of .467 at 3010, 29.09inhg for pressure, 63F temp and a devilish wind switching from left to right.

Spun the turret till BORS screen read 999 yards, adjusted for wind and sent the first one down range. The shot was 1.25 MOA low and 2 feet right. To verify I sent another one down range and hit 6 oclock of V bull. Next shot was on the 5 ring. Now that i replugged the new data i acquired at 1000yds, the thing should be even more accurate. At 500 yards earlier in the season, Bors brought me 4 inches above Point of Aim.

Very happy with all of this, I just need a wide angled bipod which does not weigh a ton, maybe something like the sinclair tactical or else that Israeli bipod but with longer legs if possible, swivelling and adjustable for uneven ground. tnks Vince for your assistance as well :))

Yes - must admit I was impressed to see Rod get on target with his very first 1000 yard shot. Several experienced shooters struggled.

Hi Rod,, The pics do not do that rifle justice??, it sure looks better in the flesh :D

Glad that you enjoyed your 100yrd shoot,

All you need now is an Ai-aw , You know that you want to come over to the dark side :ph34r:

Darrel ;)

hehe tnks Darrel L:) your AW looks and shoots fantastic but my rifle just needs a 7mmWSM barrel on and it's good to drag race:)

What does the attachment atop the scope do?

Les,it's an expanding missile recording device,that downloads directly and automatically to Theresa May.

or it might be a BORS-Barratt Optical Ranging System;'an integrated ballistics computor',linked to your elevation knob.

Gbal

Archived