foxing

pork chop

hi sonic ,yes I may have missed the point I overcome this problem by geting out and shooting off sticks ,or use a roof mounted gun light as previously mentioned ,I have made one for nawt ,will send you a photo if you like?

I'd like to see a picture to see what you made. I'm part way through building a mule type machine out of a cheap Chinese quad. With a rs 125 engine for a bit more poke. The plan is to fit my lamp with ir filter and a camera with screen for spotting. Then rifle with add on for the shot. Using a set of sticks.

The trouble with using sticks when out in the pickup truck is its loud when you open the door I have spooked one or two doing that.

I'd like to see a picture to see what you made. I'm part way through building a mule type machine out of a cheap Chinese quad. With a rs 125 engine for a bit more poke. The plan is to fit my lamp with ir filter and a camera with screen for spotting. Then rifle with add on for the shot. Using a set of sticks.

The trouble with using sticks when out in the pickup truck is its loud when you open the door I have spooked one or two doing that.

pm your mob and ill try to send picture .3G not very good in my area.I might even have some spare parts if you like what you see,have you got a IR filter if not you can make one very cheap but depends what make of lamp you are using.

PM sent,

I made my mount with a rose joint drilled to take a small grub screw to provide friction. This hade a suction window lifter fixing it to the roof. Only flaw couldn't open the door when it was fitted. Never occurred to me to fit a hinge. Thanks for the offer of parts I will see how I get on.

PM sent,

I made my mount with a rose joint drilled to take a small grub screw to provide friction. This hade a suction window lifter fixing it to the roof. Only flaw couldn't open the door when it was fitted. Never occurred to me to fit a hinge. Thanks for the offer of parts I will see how I get on.

hi, did you get the photo ?

Yes I did thanks. Inventive use of those castor's. I'll have to dig mine out of the shed and put a picture on.

with this weekend off its load development time for my new rifle, then try catch up with the fox hanging round the poultry.

Yes I did thanks. Inventive use of those castor's. I'll have to dig mine out of the shed and put a picture on.

with this weekend off its load development time for my new rifle, then try catch up with the fox hanging round the poultry.

so what did you get as a new rifle ?

A "new" to me CZ 550 much carried but little fired .243. It was in a plain beech stock but my mate had re barreled a 550 for a keeper with a heavy barrel so the nice piece of walnut it was sat in came my way. Looks lovely refinished (for now). test fired it with some PPU 100's and 75 vmax home loads so I can compare pre post bedding. Just need to work some loads up for it.

first one i was resting on a post pulled the shot one of those you know you missed as soon as you pulled the trigger,second one off bipod about 250 yrd face on never touched it i just laid there with my mouth open wondering what had happed.checked zero after that and bang on.yesterday was just bad luck

yes did'nt wound anything ,thats the only good thing that came out of it.hate wounding thankfully that is a rare event

Sounds like a wind drift miss, or the stock not seated in the shoulder properly resulting in a high shot, done that a few times myself at far closer ranges.

A

+1 for poor decision making. I've lost many a fox due to being either too hasty or too cautious. And shedloads of pigeons due to getting the flask out because there were none coming - and then they swarm in. It happens to all of us.

I've found that getting the flask/sandwich/rolling a fag triggers activity whether its shooting or fishing

:)

I've found that getting the flask/sandwich/rolling a fag triggers activity whether its shooting or fishing

:)

It never works if you do it to trigger activity- this is Murphy's paradox: "you cannot invoke Murphy's law to your advantage."

As to missing foxes, for me the most common reason is shooting from a compromised or unrehearsed position. Range time is great for zero and fundamentals but in-field variables can produce the odd surprise.

Perhaps your "fidgety-lamper" problem highlights a gap in the market for a "wobble-ometer". A motion sensor with a series of LEDs from green to red, which attaches to the dashboard of the vehicle (or to the lamper...)!

It never works if you do it to trigger activity- this is Murphy's paradox: "you cannot invoke Murphy's law to your advantage."

As to missing foxes, for me the most common reason is shooting from a compromised or unrehearsed position. Range time is great for zero and fundamentals but in-field variables can produce the odd surprise.

Perhaps your "fidgety-lamper" problem highlights a gap in the market for a "wobble-ometer". A motion sensor with a series of LEDs from green to red, which attaches to the dashboard of the vehicle (or to the lamper...)!

just what's needed more to go wrong, Murphy will no doubt pull the fuse just when you need it most.

that what makes it fun.the long shots the misses the ones that run at you then you find the gun empty.then falling out over that missed one and who,s fault it was.stepping back over a four foot fence of to find it,s six foot the other side and landing on your arse,falling down the rabbit hole and having your gun stuck put the ground like a spear that's just a couple,remember those rem.who wants to kill every fox you see not me that's for sure.long may it continue

:D:D:D +1 pork chop...what would we do with our time if we drilled them all...id have to take the wife and kids out :(:P

Archived