Sako Optilock Lever bases - any good? Rare as rocking horse doodoo?

fizzbangwhallop

Having bought a Photon and fitted a doubler to it (Adaptor courtesy of Marky610 :) ) I'd like to be able to switch 'scopes on my .17Rem Tikka 595 and don't really want to go down the Pic rail and rings route if I can help it.

I know that Leupold and Warne offer alternatives but having Optilock rings already means I'm already part way there and although I've seen these on the Sako website and on the Optilock pack cards but have never seen any advertised or listed anywhere.......

Has anyone ever seen or used any?

Are they any good in that they repeat zero on changing?

Anyone got any sat in a drawer doing nothing? I've got an alternative in sticking them on the Sako A1 .20Prac but would prefer the Tikka fitment.

I'll give GMK a call tomorrow.... but in the meantime if anyone has any experience with them I'd be interested.

Cheers

Fizz

B)

I don't think the two piece lever bases will be compatible with the Photon :mellow:

Its got a very short tube and it won't be possible to mount it far enough back to get good eye relief

I had the same problem and have gone the Picatinney route

Yeah.....thanks chaps, I'm sort of coming round to thinking that a pair of Leupold QD rings might be the way to go. The TET route might be the cheaper option as i've already got a pair of B&T lever mounts in the cupboard..... I'm just wary of losing the ideal mount and cheek-weld height I've got on the Zeiss and Swaro's already fitted. There's about a mill and and tadge more clearance on the other at the moment.

There is the option of taking a bit off the back edge of the rear base to clear the Photon eyepiece on the Tikka.

Got the Photon in a set of Saddlemounts at the mo...but that's a .243 barrel and I've a 'big green' option on that. ;) Added a set of the 4mm spacers to get the Photon far enough back to clear the base.... and it could come back another 5mm.

Mmm.

atb

Fizz

B)

SAM_1088_zps48cab1dc.jpg

SAM_1087_zpsb92a1330.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived