Savage F/TR in E-Tac

A rush job before the trip to New Mexico.

Customer dropped off a Savage barrelled action and wanted an E-Tac on it. We only had a few weeks.

Plan was not to use a bedding block and we could therefore make a stock the way I always wanted. Main emphasis was to make an ultra torsion stiff layup between action area and bipod area. We could make an incredibly stiff connection by choosing the right fibre orientation. Material choice in the inlet area while laying up the stock was already made with higher thermal conductive materials as was the bedding. In both cases we tried to get the thermal expansion of the composite as close as possible to steel.

Fitted a 4 way recoil pad from Mik, which is excellent quality and only around 470gram (if I remember right). Trigger guard from GBR.

Stock weighs 1569gram if I remember right which is about 1100 without the 4 way recoil pad.

Colour is of a Subaru WRX.

edi

_MG_6855_zpsb92c689d.jpg

_MG_6867_zps1d6e0a5f.jpg

_MG_6873_zps9e7973f2.jpg

A Soob huh?

So how does it handle?? ;)

Handle is slippery as hell with the gloss ... :wacko:

I'm threatening other customers with us having some blue from the job left over....

Brillo, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at this rifle at the weekend and ..... looovvveeelllyyy ...

Great job on the stock Edi and I love the scooby blue... bit of gold flake in there, just for the bling and she'd be the dogs lunchbox ...

I was looking at this rifle at the weekend and ..... looovvveeelllyyy ...

Great job on the stock Edi and I love the scooby blue... bit of gold flake in there, just for the bling and she'd be the dogs lunchbox ...

Thanks,

The customer seemed very happy with the way she was handling. Hope they get their rifles to work in Raton.

edi

Archived