22br velocities

6.5shooter

Hi all,

With reference to those who have or have had a rifle of this cal, what sort of velocities are attainable with 75 grain bullets or heavier?

Garry

As a guide, my 22 Dasher will shove an 80 grainer at 3400fps - you'll have a bit less case capacity.

As a guide, my 22 Dasher will shove an 80 grainer at 3400fps - you'll have a bit less case capacity.

The dasher is also something that interests me,

I have an rpa mag fed rifle as a donor and would like to keep this rifle and would like it to mag feed.

I think the dasher would mag feed easier?

Only downside is decreased barrel life due to fireforming?

Hi all,

With reference to those who have or have had a rifle of this cal, what sort of velocities are attainable with 75 grain bullets or heavier?

Garry

Hi Garry

Have shot 4 barrels of .22br using a 75 grain amax only , very good indeed always had about 3338 fps 1 in 9 twist

now shooting 53 vmax 3865fps and 55 blitzkings at 3820fps 1in 12 twist

Hi Garry

Have shot 4 barrels of .22br using a 75 grain amax only , very good indeed always had about 3338 fps 1 in 9 twist

now shooting 53 vmax 3865fps and 55 blitzkings at 3820fps 1in 12 twist

Hi Glen,

Hope you are well, how is the new gun goin for you?

As a matter of interest why did you switch to shooting the lighter bullets from the heavier ones?

Garry

Hi Glen,

Hope you are well, how is the new gun goin for you?

As a matter of interest why did you switch to shooting the lighter bullets from the heavier ones?

Garry

Hi Garry,

The reason fast and flat using same brass, doing alot of night vision shooting on fox's that are lamp shy , and bunny's , its doing the job very well , sub 1/4 moa ,

still good for plinking out to 800yds ;-) ,

Hi Garry,

The reason fast and flat using same brass, doing alot of night vision shooting on fox's that are lamp shy , and bunny's , its doing the job very well , sub 1/4 moa ,

still good for plinking out to 800yds ;-) ,

Glad to hear it Glen but plinking out to 800yrds -_- that's a bit close range for you isn't it :) will phone you in the week Glen .

Archived