I have been approached by someone with a 6BR to sell. He wont give me a price just asks me for my best offer. He is having to get divorced and his soon to be ex wife has stirred things with the plod so he has had to put all his gear into storage prior to selling up

The rifle is

Lawton single shot action with spiral fluted bolt

Lawton picatinny rail

Border Barrels cut rifled match barrel

Jewel trigger

McMillan A5 adjustable stock, pillar bedded with Anschutz rail

Match rings.

Topped with a big NF NXS 8-32x56 (or it might be the 12-42x56)

Built by a known 'Smith with a good reputation.

It has done almost no work, its probably only just been shot in if that, shot count is easily under 50

I have a dilemma!

It is a stunning rifle going by the pics. Its new build price was not cheap and the rifle is worth more than I can really afford, BUT

The guy isn't known to me, he is desperate to sell (the rifle has been with his local RFD for 3-4 months and no sniff of a deal) My conscience is a bit prickly but I'm tempted to offer something stupid just to see how desperate he really is. Its a bit crap to bend someone over when they are so vulnerable but I'll never have the cash to build my own at full price and I will never actually meet him face to face.....

What is the above combo worth do you reckon?? I know a Jewell trigger is a couple of hundred quid to buy on its own.

He will split the scope and action for a sale

Mark

Its second hand! ,,,,appreciate the circumstances,,but ,,,mmmmm I,d say cost x 60 to 70 % thats where I,d be happy to pay and have no conscience,,,,,,,,we are in UK 2013 and things go tits up,,,,,,,,been there ,,,,,,never again learnt the lesson!!!! 60 to 70 % protects your input to some degree.I,m considering a sale of a 2.5k build that I purchased recently,,,,,,for far less than 50% of build cost and although its on half life it is still a bargain,,,,,regds O

A fair offer would be 3000

2k for the rifle at 50-70% of new build cost and 1k for the scope.

If your conscience is pricking its telling you to make a fair offer.

Loads of toys for sale at the moment because of the recession and people struggling, don't be a hyena and feed off someones misfortune.........

If your conscience is pricking its telling you to make a fair offer.

Loads of toys for sale at the moment because of the recession and people struggling, don't be a hyena and feed off someones misfortune.........

Way of the world unfortunately, but I agree with the above.

Way of the world unfortunately, but I agree with the above.

fu####n aay! i was selling a shooters ridge ? two man high seat 17' high proper job ! assembled but never used , i paid 250 plus post . a known shooter said hed have it , i wanted 120 , down to 100, he wouldn't pay 100- :angry:, so off it went 80 squid , i needed the money earlier this year ... grrrrrrr

Archived