Cost of re barrelling .222

Anyone know a rough cost of getting a .222 rifle rebarrelled

A mate has one that the barrel is pitted and poor but still groups at 3/4 to 1 inch at 100 yards

Bolt condition is great as is the stock and the action is a Howa one, 1500 I believe also has high 30mm rings on it

He's not asking a lot for it around the 100 notes mark.

Cheaper to buy a new one than have it rebarreled. About £650ish for a rebarrel and you can buy one with a scope and mod for not much more.

But it will still be a factory rifle where as spending £5-600 should get you a nice Pacnor or Bergara type barrel that will shoot like a dream

Mark

But it will still be a factory rifle where as spending £5-600 should get you a nice Pacnor or Bergara type barrel that will shoot like a dream

Mark

It will be more accurate,1'' is just on the limit,depending on useage etc,but perhaps more like £650,plus any extras like threading?

It would be an easier decision if it were on a' considered to be classier donor action' like an older sako,but they are a fair bit more than £100,and rare! But not predictably more accurate-just more at reselling?never an easy decision.

Gbal

Mark

if i were you id get the action blueprinted to get the best from the new barrel , cost will be allot more tho , then there is bedding too --- ETC atb tim

what i would do if i was you is speak to a reputable rifle builder there are seversal on the forum here and all of them are decent chaps and will listen to your needs and requirements and price/advice accordingly

Archived