My new FTR toy

dorg

I have been meaning to put a picture or two up of my new FTR rifle, I think its about as good as it gets,( but I would ).Firstly the action I have had a Kelbly siting the cupboard never shot about 5 years, long story and not a good one, Kelbly kodiak aluminium action, jewel trigger.The barrel is a bartlein 32 inch forgot the contour but much heavier than usually put on an FTR rifle due to the weight restictions. We obivously used our own lightweight FTR stock with an anschutz rail in the forend with a high gloss laquer to finish. I ran her with a nightforce NXS 8 x 32 and a Dolphin tracker bipod, all this came just inside weight. I am now saving for Seb joystick bipod and to make sure she stays in weight for next season one of the new nightforce competition scopes.

SDC11591_zpsadf06ca6.jpg

SDC11590_zpse08756c4.jpg

SDC11589_zps3725717c.jpg

SDC11588_zps10624b30.jpg

SDC11586_zpse5c34939.jpg

SDC11585_zpsdcc4e2b4.jpg

The stock is 41 inches long overal the forend is 26 inches in front of the triggerl, thats why I need a joystick bipod

Looks stunning Simon.

I think the Nightforce competition is a mistake though. 5 MOA of windage per revolution doesn't go far at Bisley these days! you're much better off with a turret that has 10 MOA per revolution.

Archived