Redding competition neck die help

shaun

I have a set of redding compition dies with neck sizer that when a bushing is inserted and everything tightened the bushing still has a lot of movement. It only sizes 2/3 of the neck as a result. Is there any way of adjusting the micrometer so there is less play with the bushing?

Cheers

Shaun

I had a type s bushing die not long ago and I have been told that you should always have a little play as this would help to centre the sizing and reduce run-out. I believe you can adjust the amount of area sized but 3/4 sizing is maximum you can get if I am correct.

Cheers

I have a set of redding compition dies with neck sizer that when a bushing is inserted and everything tightened the bushing still has a lot of movement. It only sizes 2/3 of the neck as a result. Is there any way of adjusting the micrometer so there is less play with the bushing?

Cheers

Shaun

Shaun. I think it's working correctly. I use a bushing die without micrometer adjustment and the necks are ~70% sized and they work for me. Regards JCS

hi

is the bushing just to say touching the case holder on the ram of the press when the ram is all the way up?

When the ram is all the way up its fully compressing the sleeve. It might just be how it is but with my s type bushing die for my 6.5x47 I can tighten the bushing right down.

Archived