new toy

hi guys i finaly got my new toy a remy vssf mark 2, in 22.250,i shot it in over two days trying 40,50 and 55 grain noslers,i am very pleased with its accuracy as i was doing three quarter inch groups for fun and the odd half inch with 5 shots at 110 yard which to me for 22.250 is good i think,i also got a ace ultra Sl5 silencer which for the size of it i cant believe how quiet it is, the only thing is the trigger does want to be a bit lighter,ive seen on you tube how to adjust them, but dont know if i should just take it to a shop, are they easily adjusted or is it some thing a gun smith should do , cheers simon...

post-11287-0-64168100-1371755676_thumb.jpg

Hi Simon,

Congratulation's on your new toy. As i might have sold my sako 75 in 243, what's you verdict

comparing the sako and your remmy.

atb

barnacle

orite barny.ive used a sako 75 for years so its like my third arm, this remy is strange at the moment but it does shoot,ide say the sako 75 has the edge on the trigger, may be balance and even feel of it, but i rekon in a week or so when i adjust the remy trigger i should be knocking foxes over just like my old 75 6ppc, which by the way i dont think i will get a gun any better for the money.thats going for a new barrel now while this remy gets put through its test, cheers simon...

Very nice mate. What weight bullet have you found it likes the most? Superb foxing/varminting calibre.

orite pal, to be honest i have not spent enough time with it yet but it shot the 40 and 50 grain noslers spot on,around half to three quarter inch when i had got used to the trigger. some 3 to 4 shot groups where well under half inch but the last one just kept making them half inch or just over , i think when the trigger is adjusted and i get used to it, it should shoot half inch all day so long as i dont heat it up,

orite barny.ive used a sako 75 for years so its like my third arm, this remy is strange at the moment but it does shoot,ide say the sako 75 that has the edge on the trigger, may be balance and even feel of it, but i rekon in a week or so when i adjust the remy trigger i should be knocking foxes over just like my old 75 6ppc, which by the way i dont think i will get a gun any better for the money.thats going for a new barrel now while this remy gets put through its test, cheers simon...

hi si , you could do it yourself if you have the right size allen key , there might be a little thread lock on it but warm it with lighter . i had my original vlss done and got it down to 2.5 pounds it broke well enough . iv now had a timney fitted , that the best route , it now breaks at 1pound, takes a little trigger time to get used too , the wide blade also helps allot . was about 115 quid from tim hannams . well worth it .

what you having on the 6mm? 1.8 twist? what make barrel ? out of interest ? ATB-Tim..

orite pal, to be honest i have not spent enough time with it yet but it shot the 40 and 50 grain noslers spot on,around half to three quarter inch when i had got used to the trigger. some 3 to 4 shot groups where well under half inch but the last one just kept making them half inch or just over , i think when the trigger is adjusted and i get used to it, it should shoot half inch all day so long as i dont heat it up,

is the barrel fully floated ? mine wasn't , that was the first thing i did before id even shot it , i removed enough to have a 3mm gap right to the action , as for me i think 1mm is too close for comfort ...

is the barrel fully floated ? mine wasn't , that was the first thing i did before id even shot it , i removed enough to have a 3mm gap right to the action , as for me i think 1mm is too close for comfort ...

it looks it, but i have not checked it to be honest, will do tomorrow,it does shoot though so think it must be right, was yours a mark one or two...

it looks it, but i have not checked it to be honest, will do tomorrow,it does shoot though so think it must be right, was yours a mark one or two...

dont remember it being either, was about 4years ago ! is it pillar bedded or aluminium bedding block , have a look if you can . mine was straight forward enough being laminate wood , the factory had 2 high spots touching the barrel , i used' a chisel & rasp then sandpaper then re-lacured simple -eee !

hi si , you could do it yourself if you have the right size allen key , there might be a little thread lock on it but warm it with lighter . i had my original vlss done and got it down to 2.5 pounds it broke well enough . iv now had a timney fitted , that the best route , it now breaks at 1pound, takes a little trigger time to get used too , the wide blade also helps allot . was about 115 quid from tim hannams . well worth it .

what you having on the 6mm? 1.8 twist? what make barrel ? out of interest ? ATB-Tim..

orite pal, i did the trigger was very easy, just turned it out about 1 full turn,not sure what pound it is but i know now exactly when its gona go off,the 6 ppc i use for foxing to be honest with a 58 grain v.max so i need a twist that will shoot that bullet but also i would like to use may be up to an 80 grain bullet for the range, so will have to see, cheers simon...

dont remember it being either, was about 4years ago ! is it pillar bedded or aluminium bedding block , have a look if you can . mine was straight forward enough being laminate wood , the factory had 2 high spots touching the barrel , i used' a chisel & rasp then sandpaper then re-lacured simple -eee !

i did check it pal and was ok, cheers simon

Archived