Accuracy international .243 question

Im toying with a .243 barrel for my ai ae to have some harvest time fun off the roof of a pickup, bullet if choice will be 70gn nosler bt, but i'd also like to shoot 105 amax occasionally.

I can get a sporting sevices 26" 1:8 barrel, its obviously chambered for the longer bullets, any thought on how it will fair with the 70's? Anyone running anything similar?? Want to run it quite fast, whilst retaining expected accuracy.

Other option is to have one made, which will be a little more expensive.

Thanks in advance..

Its unlikely to be chambered for longer bullets if the reamer is SAAMI spec, which it more than likely will be. It will shoot 70,s I would think.

Yup, I'd get one made. I've seen two chaps re-barrel in 243, and both wanted faster twists - regardless of what you say now, you'll end up on DTACs, so get the right barrel from the outset or you'll end up buying twice :)

Yup, I'd get one made. I've seen two chaps re-barrel in 243, and both wanted faster twists - regardless of what you say now, you'll end up on DTACs, so get the right barrel from the outset or you'll end up buying twice :)

Hooray!

243 /115

Can it be Improved?

Gbal

243/105gn hybrid ?

I tried the 115gn and was disappointed with the low velocity but then again my barrel is only 23". The 105vld's exit at 2880.

Mike, you tried any lighter bullets in yours yet? Gary.

Archived