VSSF remington

hi guys, soon i will be the owner of a new VSSF mark 2, 22.250, any you guys shot one or know about them,ive used sako,s for years but gone for the remy because of the 26 inch tube, cheers simon....

hi guys, soon i will be the owner of a new VSSF mark 2, 22.250, any you guys shot one or know about them,ive used sako,s for years but gone for the remy because of the 26 inch tube, cheers simon....

I had a vssf in 220 swift. It was one of the most accurate rifles i ever owned, I still regret selling it. The only thing i would do is bin the trigger and fit a jewel. My brother shoots one in .22.250 and it shoots superb. Try a 52gr a max and around 39.5gr of H380 you won't go far wrong.

ATB SEAN

Got one in 223 love it only thing I would change is the trigger and will when funds permits ! Very stable just feels right looks great ,can feel a little heavy by the end of night but most shooting done from landy and bipod so no biggy really sure you'll be happy enjoy

Regards lee

Had a look on the Remington website and it appears it's a 14" twist.

A friend has a 14" twist Tikka .22-250 and it will stabilise a 50gr V-Max and a 52gr A-Max but not the 55gr V-Max. I know he and one or two others like to shoot the 40gr V-Max with Benchmark at around 4000fps in that cartridge.

Hope that helps

Henry

thanks for the replys,i have seen it in the shop, just waiting for my one for one to come back,i do like the look and feel of it, i dont mind the weight as to me they feel more stable to shoot,hope fully should be letting loose with it in less than a week, cant wait to put it through its field test at all ranges,also i was shocked how smooth the bolt action was for a remy, cheers simon....

I had a vssf in 220 swift. It was one of the most accurate rifles i ever owned, I still regret selling it. The only thing i would do is bin the trigger and fit a jewel. My brother shoots one in .22.250 and it shoots superb. Try a 52gr a max and around 39.5gr of H380 you won't go far wrong.

ATB SEAN

ye cheers pal, other folk have said the same, fit a jewel or timney trigger, how much does that cost, cheer simon

Go with a rifle basix if you can't stomach a jewel the basix us a great trigger aswell possibly a bit underrated I think! Before people say a jewel is loads better iv had both and liked both but I really like the basix wider trigger blade just food got thought anyway

ye cheers pal, other folk have said the same, fit a jewel or timney trigger, how much does that cost, cheer simon

Rem trigger does adjust fairly easily....try that first-it costs nothing

Not to Jewell standard (£250 plus),nothing is if you like them,...Basix was more like £150....

Gbal

Go with a rifle basix if you can't stomach a jewel the basix us a great trigger aswell possibly a bit underrated I think! Before people say a jewel is loads better iv had both and liked both but I really like the basix wider trigger blade just food got thought anyway

same here i had a jewel on my winchester 22/250 stealth and well it was a superb bit of kit. i much prefer the trigger on my rpa now. the jewel is abit more refined and easier to tune right then the rpa.

but the wide trigger shoe on the rpa trigger feels much nicer to use then the jewel and i prefer it. a mate has a timney trigger on his rifle and i must say for the money it is very good.

same here i had a jewel on my winchester 22/250 stealth and well it was a superb bit of kit. i much prefer the trigger on my rpa now. the jewel is abit more refined and easier to tune right then the rpa.

but the wide trigger shoe on the rpa trigger feels much nicer to use then the jewel and i prefer it. a mate has a timney trigger on his rifle and i must say for the money it is very good.

thanks again for the replys ime taking it all in, but as gbal says i will try the remy trigger first to its best ability.i tried it in the shop and it seemed okish i must say..

I have the remmy VSS 22-250 with timney trigger

I home load 52 a-max as its 1-14 twist and does a great job on foxes and have been to Sennybridge with it and consistantly hit targets first shot all the way out to 750yds

put about 1400rounds through it in total so have decided to rebarrell with a quicker twist to shoot heavier bullets so its with Baldie at the moment but you wont go wrong with your choice

Ian

oh yes

have stalking remmy 308 with standard trigger that I have adjusted to my preferance and is very little differance to that of the timney on my 22-250 so stick with factory for now and get it adjusted and see how you get on

Ian

Dont bin the trigger Norman Clark did mine and is has good has any jewell and pos better on a feild gun crisp and sweet i have both and the rem job done by norman clark is better just my pennys worth all the best Chris

thanks again,ime even more exited now ha ha. so the 14 twist is no good with 55 grain bullets, my last sako did,nt just shoot 55,s but was bang on with 50,s i have a RPA 22ppc, that shoots 60 grain spot on, i take it that is a 12 twist, cheers simon

thanks again,ime even more exited now ha ha. so the 14 twist is no good with 55 grain bullets, my last sako did,nt just shoot 55,s but was bang on with 50,s i have a RPA 22ppc, that shoots 60 grain spot on, i take it that is a 12 twist, cheers simon

22ppcs were often 1 in 14,but there were also 1 in12.The slow twists 14 and 12 are generally just a tad more accurate than fast twists and 22ppc was all about accuracy initially.You really need to measure to be sure of the twist.Near the limit of the bullet weight envelope it can be down to individual rifles,even of the same make,and twists may not be exactly as stated....and of course bullets of the same weight can differ quite a bit in bearing surface,etc...so it really is try and see,if you want to push the envelope a bit,and see just what will/not stabilise in some particular barrel(which might turn out to be 1 in 13.75,or 1 in 14.25,rather than exactly 1 in 14,and that can make a difference....on the edge...)

Gbal

My tikka t3 in .22/250 1-14 shoots the 55grn v-max no problem at all. As Gbal says they might work they might not. Give them a try, they are a superb foxing/varminting bullet.

My tikka t3 in .22/250 1-14 shoots the 55grn v-max no problem at all. As Gbal says they might work they might not. Give them a try, they are a superb foxing/varminting bullet.

i will be trying the 55,s pal with out a doubt, i use H380 with 36 to 38 grains with a 50 or 55 grain nosler , i think thats what the 22.250 is known for but my old 75 sako was not so good with 55,s , i was never happy shooting it on paper to be honest but the foxes hated it,i tend to use 50,s all the time as i like a fast bullet that explodes easier when it hits some thing,just a safety thing more than any thing else, cheers simon

i will be trying the 55,s pal with out a doubt, i use H380 with 36 to 38 grains with a 50 or 55 grain nosler , i think thats what the 22.250 is known for but my old 75 sako was not so good with 55,s , i was never happy shooting it on paper to be honest but the foxes hated it,i tend to use 50,s all the time as i like a fast bullet that explodes easier when it hits some thing,just a safety thing more than any thing else, cheers simon

Hi simon,

My oh my i've heard everything now last i heard you kept missing foxes and target's, seem's like you need more practice or stick to the clay's. :D:D:D

atb

barnacle

Hi simon,

My oh my i've heard everything now last i heard you kept missing foxes and target's, seem's like you need more practice or stick to the clay's. :D:D:D

atb

barnacle

some ones been telling you lies, ive never missed a fox in my life ha ha..... :P

barnacle what kind of name is that, you sound like sumet from a farrm yard thats been fastend to the black pearl in pirates of the caribbean ha ha :lol::D:lol::D

Hi Simon,

Ha Ha, did you go out last night?

Archived