latest project finished

bullett243

As some of you may know, I like to tinker about and make my own things.

The latest project arose when I was looking for a stock for my Anschutz .22lr. Its one of the older models, with a 22" barrel, which I was keen to keep at that length, but wanted the gun shorter.

I looked around for a bullpup type stock, but could not find anything availabke for the annie, so decided to have a go and make one.

I have a couple of small cnc machines at home, a mill, lathe and laser cutter, so machined a 1/4" wall thickness aluminium tube to accept the barreled action. I machined a trigger guard/pistol grip mount, and rear stock parts to hide the magazine holder, and trigger.

I made a linkage to attach to the trigger, which actually lightens the trigger pull, and feels very nice.

I then made a new trigger blade to suit my finger.

One completed, the whole thing has been bead blasted, and duracoated in flat dark earth and flat black.

I'm quite pleased with the results and cant wait to get it out and zeroed.

Thanks for reading, and hope you like it.

20130603_204113.jpg

20130603_204002.jpg

20130603_204053.jpg

Cheers Paul

Did you make the hand grip yourself? I have been looking at the range of Polymorph Plastic to build dummy grips to test for fit and location.

Did you make the hand grip yourself? I have been looking at the range of Polymorph Plastic to build dummy grips to test for fit and location.

No mate, I bought that bit. The aluminium trigger guard which the grip attaches to was made by me though :)

Nice work on the trigger guard. Did you use the existing magazine release catch system or build your own?

I used the existing system, and made the stock to fit around it and conceal it so that only the release catch is protruding.

I like it. I do like bullpup guns. I did make one once out of an old BSA 22 but it was not a patch on yours.

What's the overall length?

How easy is the reload?

Paul,

That is really neat! Nice to have access to machine tools and some time. Like davie said, something about tube guns.

Did you find putting the extension onto the tirgger had much back lash?

Terry

I like it. I do like bullpup guns. I did make one once out of an old BSA 22 but it was not a patch on yours.

What's the overall length?

How easy is the reload?

Not sure of the overall length, will measure it when I get chance, the reload is dead easy, works a treat from the mag.

Paul,

That is really neat! Nice to have access to machine tools and some time. Like davie said, something about tube guns.

Did you find putting the extension onto the tirgger had much back lash?

Terry

Terry, the trigger linkage works with no backlash, it sits on the trigger blade, and is returned using the original trigger return spring, so there is no resistance in the linkage at all.

It actually reduces the weight of the trigger slightly due to it having a mechanical advantage from the lever linkage.

The trigger is very nice and crisp. ;)

Cheers

Paul

Archived