Money transfers to the states

craigyboy

I need to transfer some money to the USA but having a hardtime doing it. I tried Wesyern Union but they only allow you to pick up money from there agent, I need to send the order to someones address so they can cash it. I had though of a postal oredr but the lady didnt know weather a postal order would be accepted in the states, anyone know another way apart from a personal cheque?

I need to transfer some money to the USA but having a hardtime doing it. I tried Wesyern Union but they only allow you to pick up money from there agent, I need to send the order to someones address so they can cash it. I had though of a postal oredr but the lady didnt know weather a postal order would be accepted in the states, anyone know another way apart from a personal cheque?

paypal

or

or you can just put the money direct in there bank, you will need the address of the bank, bic number and iban,this method costs about £20 depending on your bank

Colin

If you trust them, send cash. I know that may sound daft, but there is a special envelope available from the post office for it, its very cheap to insure the full amount, so you cant lose, and its tracked. I sent a couple of hundred bucks over recently, and i think it cost about 8 quid. A cheque from the bank was £15 i think.

All you need to do is go to the post office and buy IRCs to the value you want, fill in the name of the recipient and send them by mail, still one of the safest ways as they can only be cashed by the named recipient.

Redfox

http://www.upu.int/irc/en/international_re...06_version.html I does depend how much you want to send, but paypal is good too.

Thanks lads, I ended up with a bankers draft never even thought of just sending cash. The guy doesnt have paypal so it was ruled out. Darrel as usual it is shooting related, he builds lightweight front rests from aluminium, they weigh about 8 lbs and he can make them adjustable for anything between 5 inches to 13 inches all that for $130 which at the minute is only about £65 + the shipping cost which for me was $37 so all in its about £85 to your door, dont know what the rest is actually like but it doesnt look half bad for the cash, cheaper than a cadwell rest which is about £125, I will give it a crack anyhow just want a rest to try out on my new bench, he also makes them with windage tops but I odnt knwo the price of them. If anyone wants his details I will pass them on.

frontrest.jpg

Nice looking rest Craig - is it heavy enough??

I always use Bankers Draft for those places that have no card facilities costs £8 and you get a cheque payable in whatever denomination the recievers country uses and its payable only to the reciever so its safe ;)

I hope its heavy enough Ronin, 8lbs shouldnt be bad for a light recoiler like my tac20, dont think it would be much use for anything above 22-250 though. I just want to give a front rest a try, shooting well of a bipod but theres always room for improvement :lol:

Panther I am getting married in August this year, shes already giving off about all the gear I have and that I will have to cut back after the big day, so I am buying all I can now before it :unsure:

Archived