I'm thinking of getting a pair of the above, the ones with the the mil-dot ret for range finding. I already have a decent LRF but wanted the bino's for general spotting and as back up in case the LRF goes at the wrong time. Does anyone have any experience of them and what did/do you think of them for general use.

Thanks for looking

I think for the money they are fantastic. Mine were some of the Jordanian milsurp ones so I didnt pay the stupidly high retail price

I use mine for stalking along with my Leica LRF1200 rangefinder and have no complaints

Mark

Just took this picture through my Leupolds using my phone camera to give you an idea of the reticule. I couldn't find a picture online before I bought mine anyway!

ETA - Taken with a phone camera and cropped to enlarge the reticule - in NO way reflects the actual glass quality!

post-11205-0-14825200-1368992057_thumb.jpg

Used mine in the forces and now for civi shooting

Don't pay full-whack : there's plenty out their with big discounts

Mil-ret is helpful for range estimation If viewing targets of known height.

Was pretty accurate when the binocular was stable, otherwise they are difficult to get accurate measurements at long range (the binos wobble too much)

Otherwise very good glass for the money and a decent replacement for the issued pair

Archived