Firearms Variation Record!

walkabout

I have just had my fastest ever variation done by Devon & Cornwall Constabulary

It was for 3 firearms.

I posted it on the Friday, had a 2 minute phone call on the Monday to confirm something nothing to do with the actual variation but a serial number query, received the completed certificate on Wednesday!

I am very impressed, I know there have been "time" issues with D&CC in the past...maybe they have caught up?

I'm a happy bunny!

Can confirm the same with my variation a few weeks ago with D&C, posted SD Wednesday, signed for at Middlemoor 0928 Thursday, received back at 1314 Friday all correct with 10 slots off and 11 on.

I took a variation in on a Monday. Explained I need the FAC back by the week-end 'cos I was going to Bisley to buy the rifle in question and I had the varied cert back on the Wednesday. How good is that. The next time it took for EVER. I don't know how plod works but it isn't consistent.

I have just had my fastest ever variation done by Devon & Cornwall Constabulary

It was for 3 firearms.

I posted it on the Friday, had a 2 minute phone call on the Monday to confirm something nothing to do with the actual variation but a serial number query, received the completed certificate on Wednesday!

I am very impressed, I know there have been "time" issues with D&CC in the past...maybe they have caught up?

I'm a happy bunny!

Best in the west me and my head keeper have both had variations in the last month less than 1 week turn around

I hope it runs true to form for me then.

Address change along with variation going in on Tuesday. Deposit already paid for new rifle so fingers crossed for a quick turnaroud.

I put mine into Thames Valley for a straightforward variation. 6 weeks later I'd heard nothing. Only when I chased it up did I eventually get a call from my FEO who then had to arrange a visit to ask me the usual uninformed questions and poke around in the cabinets.

They really need a much more consistent approach to licencing. If you're unlucky enough to be with a force like TV, it can be a real PITA.

I got one return post from Lancs. And never more than two weeks. They used to get them signed on a friday so if it went in monday or thursday it made no odds worst ever I think was sent midweek and back beginning of the week after.

Years ago now, I can top that. When wilts were based in Marlborough, I took my cert in for a variation in the week between Xmas and New Year's Eve and they did it whilst I waited! Less than 10mins!

Now in Thames Valley and need to change my ammo limits and do a renewal soon- not looking forward to that tbh

So next time they tell you it takes x amount of time you can ask how come Wilts can do one in ten mins.

Shows what they can do when they want to.

I believe N Yorks will do while you wait variations. started doing them at game shows as well.

Wiltshire have often done variations for me while I wait, in fact almost all have been done on that basis it's nothing out of the ordinary here. They are extremely efficient and straightforward to deal with and really make an effort. Absolutely first class department.

Cheers

Rich

Archived