New boots

dully1963

give us a clue as to what you want to spend i bought some desert coloured gortex boots from a shop in kirby lonsdale for £28 ex army brilliant boots and really waterproof.

I've been using Gronell for the last few years, first pair lasted five years grouse beating in the Northumbrian hill and were great until the sole parted company with the boot, the second pair are in their second year and are still going strong, I have quite broad feet and i find the fitting very comfortable. They are all leather construction, waterproof and have vibram soles, you can get good deals on them on ebay.

The shop in Kirby Lonsdale is GRD Taylors ( 015-242-71170) . They do alsorts talk to Ben there he will sort you out. I have just ordered some Altberg boots. Very nice but so is the price. Last a long time tho.

I have a pair of issue gortex boots bought them for my lad for cadets gave them me when he grew out of them they're waterproof comfortable and have had a fair bit of abuse they were about £30. My other pair are hand made and were about £300 and will probably outlive me.

issue boots have improved a lot in the 20 years since I left and if you have somewhere local to try them first you should get a decent pair for under £50 depending on type.

+1 for altbergs very very well made boots. Expensive but you only need to buy once as they are easily and cheaply resoled too.

These are the ones I have http://www.altberg.co.uk/stockist-product/the-tethera-mens-boot/

Archived