Schmidt and Bender PMII HELP!!

I was quite cheerfully cleaning my barrle the other night and once i finishe i did the standard old trigger pull and general piss about, turned my zoom ring down and my heart stopped as i felt i sharp twink from inside the scope and the crosshairs dissapeared and the focus went to peices, i looked though the objective lense and the zoom lense is not traveling up the large grove in the tube, as it should pul it up and there is a disturbing rattle from inside the main tube that sounds like a scew rolling about, does anyone know how i can get it repared and serviced, obviosly it wil have to go back to germany. has anyone alse had to send a S&B scope away and how long has it taken?

got it from the midlands gamefair from litt's, to far to take back, it was second hand aswell which dont really help. York guns is the closest to me was hopin that i can deal through them to get it fixed

Contact S&B direct and arrange through them to ship it to Germany.

They are good to deal with, not sure about how the warranty goes as it isnt transferrable (I think)

Anyone know for definate on the warranty side?

My experience is that pissing about with dealers is always messy.

S&B are normally very good with service. You could talk to

Mr. Goerzel directly he is the head guy of the service department.

Have the serial number handy. I am sure they will sort it out

quickly.

In my case I just phoned S&B asked for Her Goerzel and talked it through.

edi

Cheers lads, your messages are very much appreciated, not to fused about cost i just want it back on the rifle, as typically the morning when the scope broke i found (i think) my sweet load for my 308 when i had a 0.320" group egde to egde, but by the time i had reloaded sme more to make sure i wasnt a fluke the wind had got back up!

Ronin, I don't think how many owners a scope had makes a difference,

more important is what it looks like. If it's mullered to hell and back or

fixing attempts then they might be sticky. I found S&B very forthcoming,

they even sent my scope back to me before they recieved my payment

for a conversion.

edi

York wont want to know as they didn,t sell it.Litts are liable for guarantee for six months only, as a second hand item [i believe] and the s+b guarantee isn,t transferable as far as i know...its a 30 year guarantee to the original buyer.

Contact them direct, as others have said, their service is usually very good. I would expect to have something to pay personally, but you may get away with just postage?

Just read the S&B garantie that came with my scope,

no mention of owners.

If it's under 10 years old you've got a good chance it'll cost

nothin.

They will check it and if it'll cost something they will quote before

reparing.

You wouldn't sell it ??

cheap cos it's broken :lol:

edi

sorry, no chance im the prowd owner of 4 S&Bs (well one,s the old fellas but i baught it) and as yet i havent found a scope which will match there quality,(maybe ratwhiskers dirty yank crap loopy LRT) but as for the breakage, being in agricultural contracting i know even the best tackle will break, its just the back up from the manufacturer that shows the commitment to the customer!

Shrek, was only a joke

although I'd love to have a pm2

I must add though that Leupold also treated

me very well in the past at least their german service agent, also with

a second hand scope.

Question is how is Zeiss going to react to conquest range not being able

to be sent to the states for repair that easy anymore and no service here.

edi

i didnt realise that zeiss had no european service, and even if i had one i wouldnt want it shipped all the way over there, its a long way where alot ofbumps and knocks are bound to happen,sending a scope over to germany will be bad enough! alot of bubble wrap will be required, betterkeep my sister away or they'll be no bubbles left haha

The Zeiss issue is a funny one as a while ago I was looking to buy a 4-14x50 conquest.

Having heard of issues with scope warranties of other makes I contacted germany to ask about this range.

For the spec I enquired about and the price bracket they said they had nothing appropriate.

I replied with '' but you have, a conquest''

This was met with a firm no, this product is not available in the UK.

So I enquired about the warranty on one purchased in the US.

'' you will have to deal with them in that case''

So much for manufacturerers service.

Needless to say I bought something else.

Back to the topic in hand, I have not heard a bad word about S&B but I would deal direct to avoid a mess as any dealer stands to gain nothing so it won't be a high priority.

The address for S&B is on thier website if you have not got it.

Just parcel it up securely ( I use rolled corrugated cardboard round the box ,several layers plus brown paper) put your name and address clearly inside with a very brief description of the fault ( no need for chapter and verse or the issue of secondhand) and send it insured postage for value of scope, usually about £20.00.

They will repair it and return it usually within 8-10 weeks. The scopes are garaunteed for 30 yrs against manufacturing defects, even if it is your or the previous owners rough handling , their service charges are very reasonable.

Redfox

Archived