Mystic bi-pod

Intrested to know is anyone using a Mystic bi-pod out there in f-class or any kind of shooting if it comes to that they seem to be a sturdy pod love to know your findings thanks.

Hi Laurie have you tried one yourself thanks Barry

Barry,

This for your AI?

Get one

(and tell us how it goes, I've been looking at them online and would like to hear some firsthand AI user stuff too! :lol::) )

Intrested to know is anyone using a Mystic bi-pod out there in f-class or any kind of shooting if it comes to that they seem to be a sturdy pod love to know your findings thanks.

Barry, I have one - I really like it - at 12 ounces there's not much to challenge it but, if weight - or lack of it - isn't a problem, there are better F Class bi-pods out there. Have a look at the EVO.

Hi Laurie have you tried one yourself thanks Barry

Barry,

I borrowed one at Bisley last November in The Europeans Day 1 and shot the 800yd + 900yd matches when I left my own bi-pod in the lodgings. I was impressed by the overall stability and handling of the Mystic.

It doesn't have a fine elevation adjustment mariner wheel or threaded cross-rod type facility, so it's the sliding adjustable leg lengths + rear-bag squeezing. Tracking on the turf is very good. It may not (will not!) have a great enough height adjustment range for Diggle given the great variations in elevations between firing points and targets. Mind you, many 'pods suffer from that and I've used two different height rear bags + a bag spacer for a long time to get around it (+ two different height Versa-Pods on my 223 F/TR rifle).

At ~14lb for the rifle, you've 4lb 2 ounces to play with for the scope, mounts and bi-pod. An NXS + mounts is ~2.5 lbs, a Sightron nearly half a pound lighter, so you should have ~2lbs to play with on the bi-pod unless you've gone down the S&B PMII route where the scope weighs a ton. As per Vince, I'd recommend looking at the Evo as it offers easier adjustment on the firing point. Brian Fox has also ordered a dozen Flexipods which should come fairly soon and which I'm keen to try out. This looks a good optopn for people who like the bi-pod feet fixed into the FP and don't want the rifle + pod to track under recoil. It's very light too and you do the fine elevation adhustment simply by leaning on the buttplate more to 'load' the bi-pod and cause it to flex, or ease off the loading to get the muzzle to rise. At $200 US, it'll likely be a similar price in pounds once carriage and the hated 20% VAT goes on.

See Accurate Shooter daily bulletin February 8th

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/?s=monte+milanuk&submit=Search

thanks Laurie i have spoken to Brian and i will have a look round Diggle at different bipods and the Mystic when i next come up i use a nightforce scope but i like the Mystic from the weight factor and also it could be used in feild and steel plates with it being light and easy to carry.

looking at the evo compared to Mystic the mystic looks very solid but yet one of the lightest bi-pods on the market i know you have to make adjustments with the legs but how critical is it to have the fine adjuster like the evo

looking at the evo compared to Mystic the mystic looks very solid but yet one of the lightest bi-pods on the market i know you have to make adjustments with the legs but how critical is it to have the fine adjuster like the evo

There's two ways to do it.

You use a bi-pod like the Mystic - set up the adjustable legs, then squeeze the back bag for adjustment from shot to shot.

Alternatively leave the back-bag alone, use an EVO and make adjustments with the bi-pod mariner wheel - though you'll still do some bag-squeezing for fine adjustment.

If you 'bag squeeze' you need a soft 'bean' bag. We have 'em on sale at Diggle - £15.

Off a bi-pod, personally, I prefer to bag-squeeze.

But - check out the new SEB joystick bi-pod (in last month's Target Shooter) - use a solid back-bag and make ALL adjustments with the joystick - the ultimate!

Archived