Is it me - computer trouble

MOOSE

Hello All,

Is anybody having trouble with the option (view new posts since last visit) every time I click on it - it comes back as no new content found - then if I go into forums I can see that there are new posts,

Thanks for looking

Moose, check the boxes indicated here are ticked:

Click on the bright purple toggle lists to tailor the "VIEW NEW SINCE....." output to what you want

Since last visit, last 24 hrs, last week, whatever:

Then clicking a black dot or star takes you to the most first post in the thread that you haven't read.

NEWCONTENT.jpg

Hi BD, I tried what you said to no avail, I will get one of my friends at work to have a look and see if they can sort it for me as I'm not very good at computers etc,

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Hi BD, I tried what you said to no avail, I will get one of my friends at work to have a look and see if they can sort it for me as I'm not very good at computers etc, Thanks for taking the time to reply

Some thoughts. Check that you are running a licenced and patched browser. Clear your browsing history. Check that your Anti-Virus is up to date. Check for malware. Set a stronger and unique password for each sign-on that you have. Regards JCS

Some thoughts. Check that you are running a licenced and patched browser. Clear your browsing history. Check that your Anti-Virus is up to date. Check for malware. Set a stronger and unique password for each sign-on that you have. Regards JCS

Hi JCS,

I will show your post to somebody that knows what it means when we get back to work, hopefully they will be able to sort it for me,

Thanks for your reply

you may also need to clear out all "cookies" (don't panic not the choc hob nobs it a type of file) your computer guy at work will be able to clear them if you don't want to have a go yourself.

Moose, you're not on an ipad 2 by any chance are you? I've just changed a setting, please let me know if that fixes it.
Hi BD,

No luck i'm afraid

I use both a laptop and an i pad to access the forum - depends on whether i'm in the office or out and about.

Laptop uses windows 7

I pad is the latest 64GB one whatever that is - work issue about 6 months ago.

It doesn't matter which I use, neither device will show anything when I click on view new posts since last visit - it still says the same, no new content found,

Thanks for your help

you may also need to clear out all "cookies" (don't panic not the choc hob nobs it a type of file) your computer guy at work will be able to clear them if you don't want to have a go yourself.

Hi Boo,

I will wait for my friend at work - I don't have a very good track record in the world of IT,

Thanks

Re the changes made.

I am not sue but they appear to have caused the appearance to change for I pad.

I am now viewing a much cut down version of the forums when using my ipad 2.

Reduced search facilities, very poor interface, cant find the find my content button.

Can we have it back the way itvwas please.

Mike

Re the changes made.

I am not sue but they appear to have caused the appearance to change for I pad.

I am now viewing a much cut down version of the forums when using my ipad 2.

Reduced search facilities, very poor interface, cant find the find my content button.

Can we have it back the way itvwas please.

Mike

Mike, just undone it. Please refresh and let me know that that's put it back to normal -thanks!

Mike, just undone it. Please refresh and let me know that that's put it back to normal -thanks!

Before I do, i have just realised that its defaulting to the mobile version.

Have to select the full version button to get the full hit..

Will reboot now to check.

Archived