great value laminate rifle stocks from Midway Uk

dannyt

Just had a quick look through the Midway web page and I could not believe the value of the Boyd stock , thumb hole laminate full inlet for under £170.00 . Cant beat that .

Boyd are the biggest stock makers in the USA and make a lot of stocks for the rifle trade in the states , I am going to get a few and have look see .

I will post some pic and thoughts on the quality.

Hi,

I've used Boyds 'Tacticool' stocks on CZ rimfires, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality considering the price (under $100 in the US). The machined inletting was near perfect,

Alan

I've got both Boyds and Richards microfit, the Boyds to me are a better laminate, better inlet (Richards forget to inlet the recoil lug despite extra cost) and with out a shadow of a doubt supplied with a much better finish, my most recent Richards stock looked like a thumbhole fence post when it arrived. I'm thinking of ordering a Boyds light varmint for my Ruger M77 MK2 soon

good find danny i think ill be ordering as well for a new build do you fancy adding me to your order

good find danny i think ill be ordering as well for a new build do you fancy adding me to your order

Yes no problem, I am ordering three on Tuesday I will add you on it, have a look on there web page there un Inlet stocks are good value .

bought a boyds thumbhole laminated about 4 yrs ago direct from boyds, iirc by the time i paid shipping and taxes it ended up costing around £140, excellent stock for the money, finish is good and the only extra needed on the inletting was to open the barrel channel slightly

also have a richards microfit, totally different story, inletting was only 80% at best, however, this one was bought unfinished and did sand down quite easily and ended up looking pretty good, if not a bit on the heavy side

cheers jock

If weight is no issue and you don't mind the look of laminate, Boyds stocks are a steal. I landed at std sporter one here in NZ for 69 quid including freight. Sure, you've got to final fit and finish them off but I couldn't believe how cheaply they can sell them. For a utility stock, they're very good value

Chris-NZ

PS Jock's right- you don't need export paperwork if the value is under US$100

I think they post international orders up to the value of $99.00 not including shipping. The ones I have ordered have come out at £120.00 to £140.00 by the time they have made it to my door.

great value was that inlet or flat top

i've just sold one from a .243 rem 700 thats getting turned into something else at the moment, had it on the rifle for about 5 years i think and can't fault it other than having a short LOP at just over 13" if remember correctly, that could have been easily sorted with a different butt pad but I never bothered. George/Gbal from this parish has the stock now.

.....and he's very pleased with it,thankS,Will.rem 700 17 just dropped straight in,no problems,and looks good even with its ultra slim barrel.Cant fault the Boyd,great value. I even found a Rem thick but soft butt pad in my local gunshop as the Boyd is perhaps a little short if you have long arms -easily spaced/padded and fixed.

Gbal

Just had a quick look through the Midway web page and I could not believe the value of the Boyd stock , thumb hole laminate full inlet for under £170.00 . Cant beat that .

Read the bit about International Shipping

Do you ship to my country?
During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details including country. We cannot ship product valued over $100 out of the United States. If you are an international customer, please take note that orders over $100.00 will be declined.
NOTE: This is the value of the product only - does not refer to freight charges.

Read the bit about International Shipping

Do you ship to my country?Midway UK are in my country

During signup we'll ask for your shipping address details including country. We cannot ship product valued over $100 out of the United States. If you are an international customer, please take note that orders over $100.00 will be declined.

NOTE: This is the value of the product only - does not refer to freight charges.

Hi,

If ordering from Midway UK then they have already sorted out shipping, import/export paperwork etc. Allowing for this, the prices they are quoting are competitive. If ordering from either Midway US or Boyds themselves then the $100 limit would apply,

Alan

• 1 month later...

I bought a Boyd Thumbhole Varmint for my 17rem 700bdl and had them send it to friend in North Carolina who then posted it Surface Mail.Took ages to get to me but hey.... £ 48 :00 all in, whats not to love.A little fettling around the floorplate and the jobs a goodn.Shoots in the 3s ahem ....sometimes.No named no pack drills.

Carry on Sargent.

Archived