Furball primers

Tuck

Hello all just looking for some advice on the .17 remington fireball

Which primers are you folks using and how much difference will it make? This cartridge is all new to me so any help is greatly appreciated

Rob

Hello all just looking for some advice on the .17 remington fireball

Which primers are you folks using and how much difference will it make? This cartridge is all new to me so any help is greatly appreciated

Rob

as Andrew says rem 71/2 or cci450 these work well with benchmark powder.

you will not notice a lot of differance -if any, the velocity from both primers is about the same ,the one thing to watch is loading in the cold of winter then using the same load in a hot summer[if we get one]the small fb case is prone to pressure spikes when its warm.i back off my powder charge by .3-.5gns in summer this is with benchmark.

you will enjoy the fb.

Thanks for the info! I picked one up cheap second hand, I will use it in the summer just trying to sort a load out for it what kind of groups are you getting with yours ?

Thanks for the info! I picked one up cheap second hand, I will use it in the summer just trying to sort a load out for it what kind of groups are you getting with yours ?

mines a cooper and shoots 0.75moa out to 200 yds on a good day i using 25gn berger varmint flat base with benchmark powder.shoots well with some nosler 20gn hp these were cheap from usa so tend to use them for plinking.

Archived